DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanna get a couple takes on this.. I just got a set of the XLS' from wheelieking71 fire sale ( great seller ).. I bought them for some nice clean rear fill in my civic... But i realized that they are such a nice speaker that maybe I should put them in pods and put them in my frontstage in 3-way setup.. I was originally thinking of maybe puttting a set of HAT L6's with morel tweets for a 2-way frontstage but now im changing my mind.. I dont have much right now.. Im slowing upgrading one piece at a time thats why i wanna see what other people think before i make my next purchase.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
I think that the 8" XLS are best used as a dedicated midbass. That being said there is more going into a 3-way versus a 2-way than just adding another driver. You have to look into processing, mounting locations, enclosure space, etc

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i know a lot more goes in to it.. i was just wondering and asking to see what advice anyone could give on .. sometimes my mind likes to wander in to the darkness lol

I think im just gonna throw them in the back for some rear fill

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i know a lot more goes in to it.. i was just wondering and asking to see what advice anyone could give on .. sometimes my mind likes to wander in to the darkness lol

I think im just gonna throw them in the back for some rear fill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts