DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

(SOLD) Peerless and Tang Band low-profile 8” midbasses, Kenwood KSC-SW11 powered subwoofers, and Scanspeak/Thiel 7” midwoofers.

3K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  GreatLaBroski 
#1 · (Edited)
Midbass / Midwoofers:

1. Thiel DRWF-053-002 (ScanSpeak 18W/8537G02 7”) 8-ohm Woofers (Pair)
  2. Peerless GBS-200F35CP02-04 8" Paper Cone Woofer 4 Ohm Shallow Midbass (Pair)
  3. Kenwood KSC-SW11 8x5” Compact Powered Subwoofer (2x available)
  4. Tang Band W8-1853 8” Midbass / Midwoofers (Pair)
Prices:

1. SOLD
  2. SOLD
  3. SOLD
  4. SOLD
Condition:

1. NIB
  2. NIB
  3. Bought new, but open box. Tested for about 15 mins each.
  4. NIB
Photos:

Payment and other notes:

I accept payment via PayPal. If you wish to use Goods and Services payment, I ask that you include the PayPal fees for the transaction (~2.9%). Otherwise you can alternatively send a friends and family payment. I usually advise to choose Goods and Services for buyer protection, but it makes no difference to me.

See less See more
#2 ·
To give anyone viewing this thread an idea about applications:

• Tang Band 8's are good for extremely small sealed or vented enclosures (think under-seat midbass). They'll be quite happy in a sealed box less than 0.2 cuft with stuffing. They have very strong neodymium motors hidden in their frame. They have been discontinued and cannot be found anymore.
  • Peerless 8's are actually good for in-door installs. They have a much stiffer suspension than their spec sheet and model well for in-door use.
  • The Scanspeak / Thiel 7" midwoofers are excellent value midwoofers and model well in in-door applications. They're 8 ohm but sensitive. Very good ultra-budget drivers.
  • The Kenwood KSC-SW11's are powered subwoofers that are about the size of a ream of paper. They can fit anywhere and are actually okay as mid basses as long as you play with your DSP and cross over low with a larger midrange/midwoofer.

#3 ·
Thiel/Scanspeak woofers sold

#4 ·
#5 ·
Prices dropped to $95 shipped, $95/ea shipped, and $175 shipped.

#7 ·
They sure do. Honestly, I don't think people realize how good of a deal both of these sets of 8"s are yet. I'm surprised both haven't sold.

Here's the GBS200's both in doors, versus AF GB60's both in doors. GBS200's on 220w and GB60's on 400w. QTC is 0.53 and 0.507 respectively for the two drivers. Also included is the real, actually measured T/S specs of the GBS200's being sold.

#8 ·
And for funsies here's the Tang Band 8"s in an ULTRA SMALL 0.2 cuft box each and the AF's in a 2.5cuft door both on 300w per pair.

QTC at 0.79 and 0.5 respectively. This is based upon the actual measured T/S specs of the Tang Bands and is before break-in. That means they'll be more compliant and happier in an even smaller enclosure, especially if you add stuffing, which isn't modeled. These are the smallest-box 8" midbasses that I came across, beating out almost all pro-audio midbasses which have much worse roll-off down in the lower midbass.

Basically the Peerless GBS200's appear to be an excellent value for low-profile 8"s for an in-door application, and the Tang Bands are some of the only drivers in the game for ultra-small enclosure sealed under-seat midbass options. They're no longer made so difficult to find.

#10 ·
Sent a PM on the TangBand. I hadn't seen those before. They are exactly what I've been looking for. Sweet!

#11 · (Edited)
Tang Bands sold

#12 ·
Peerless pending sale

#13 ·
Peerless 8" still for sale.

#15 ·
Peerless 8"s to $85 shipped.

#17 ·
Peerless 8's sold

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.