1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive posted this on a few forums w/ no success

regardless i bought these 6.5" a while backj and fell inlove w/ them
http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=5163913.17593&pid=826

im sure al will agree that midbass and power handling are supurb and sq in that reagon is fairly good.... many people run these as midbass

i have been running them midrange though and actualy chose them over the cdt hd head to head

once in my car i was much more pleased w/ these than my mb quart qsd's but more variables are at play...

these definatly lack efficiency in the higher freq but i wanted to know what your guys honest opinion was regarding these

i am using them in stock door location

whould you guys recomend other drivers :anticipates 20 recomendations for seas:

helix 400mkII bridged to these (aprox 250W) and a pg ms275 going to my cdt tweets mounted in doors also

i dont care for the tweets at all and will probably go w/ the lpg
i was going to go w/ ribbons but fear that my soundstage will be to low if mounted in kicks

·
Registered
575 Posts
actually one of my fav mids ,i had a pair in one of my hondas for 3 yrs,and was always happy with its power handling , detail, smooth resp. and low end , i had that pair hp 64 hz 24 db midbass was tight , i have spent more on mids and have recieved less perf. great mid for the price range

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have a friend that shortly after installing an Alpine SPX-F17T 3-way component, let a good buddy of his (or bone head) tinker with his radio & fried the coils on the Alpine midbass...

I recommended he get those Peerless to put in the to replace the Alpine mid-bass & they are perfoming as good if not better than the Alpine MB's... definitely a nice midbass driver.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've had a fair amount of time with peerless mids/woofers in home applications, and really enjoy the HDS and CSX home lines. I also have listened to the CSX car woofer you are mentioning and liked the lower frequency output and sound of the speaker.
The 2 most common problems I've experienced with the Peerless line as well, is in the pass band octave, either there is either a slight de-linearity or the sound is too forward for my liking, but as a whole I think Peerless is very nice.
I had a similar question since this is going to be my first pairing of DIY drivers in a car application (my previous car speakers have been JL, OZ, ID) and since I am biased towards the Peerless brand due to in-home experience.
I've decided to go with the new HDS Nomex line for my mids. Frequency response graph looks to my liking (although I haven't seen any other measurements besides manufacturer supplied freq.), and hopefully it retains the same characteristics of the discontinued HDS line with greater linearity in the upper frequencies.
Anyway, just my .02 if you were still looking at the Peerless line.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
pervo said:
these definatly lack efficiency in the higher freq but i wanted to know what your guys honest opinion was regarding these
Very few midwoofers sold explicitly for car audio have motors that sound like they were designed by people who actually listen to music. The Peerless CSX's are a rare exception to that rule. Very nice stuff, especially considering how much they cost compared to scores of demonstrably inferior midwoofers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.