DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've asked my local peerless dealer for a quote on an 4ohm xls .. i have two questions

1. he quoted me for the 4ohm xls $310 which is $10 less than the following sub he recommended for car use ..

http://www.d-s-t.com.au/caraudio/peerless_resolution_series_sub.htm

it's a 12" "resolution" sub, but i cant find the specs anywhere and it looks a lot different to the XLS .. has anyone heard this sub ? it looks like an older model ..

secondly, is there a specific XLS model i want for small enclosures or "car use" ? here's a copy of the email

4 ohm 12 " XLS $315.00 plus $10.00 delivery.

the new 12" R12 Resolution Series. P220087 Made for car sub. $299.00
plus $10.00

·
Registered
880 Posts
The resolutions are newer then the Xls´s but a more affordable line.

300 W RMS is IME on the lower side what you need to power an XLS so I think you would gain little to go for an XXLS. I have not yet played with the XXLS-es but just put an order on some today :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
newtitan said:
\
hmmm where do you get these new car subs from? I lke the 4 ohm impedance (vs the 8ohm of the other XXLS) so I could run my dual mono amp--each channel independent, without having to bridge it
No idea but the Home version of the XXLS also have a DVC 8ohm... ;)

Link

Leo

·
Registered
35 Posts
newtitan said:
\
hmmm where do you get these new car subs from? I lke the 4 ohm impedance (vs the 8ohm of the other XXLS) so I could run my dual mono amp--each channel independent, without having to bridge it
Actually, the sealed home version is about 6 ohms impedence and has excellent sensitivity/efficiency, only requiring 200 watts to produce deafening SPL levels. With the qts/smalled box feature, I don't see a point using the car version unless someone has an amp that cannot produce 100-200 watts at 6 ohms. See what Ndpang uses for his single 12" XXLS that sounds amazing in a tiny box in his trunk.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Nothingness said:
From me. I have a pair new in boxes for sale.
The new Car version? i havent seen it for sale anywhere... where did you got yours from?

Leo

·
Registered
35 Posts
300Z said:
The new Car version? i havent seen it for sale anywhere... where did you got yours from?

Leo
It's the home version I have. Other than impedance, is there a difference between the two? Ndpang uses it in a tiny box and considers it the best he has used. I imagine the only thing about the car subs will be the greater flexibility of having a little different impedence?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts