1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Product Brand & Model:
Peerless 830667 8" Paper Cone SLS Subwoofer

Condition of all items:
9/10 - the cones look different in the phot but they look the same in person.

Total Price: :
$80 shipped for the pair

Shipping Terms: :
The speaker will be properly packed.

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:
http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-8-woofers/peerless-sls-830667-8-paper-cone-woofer/

These are great 8" midbass and if you want to go subless. Very well know on this forum. See these reviews:

Captainobviuos:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...risons/43235-peerless-sls-8-quick-review.html
"I cant imagine what these are going to sound like after being broken in and properly powered. I have a PPI PCX-480 and a PCX-2200 to choose from for these bad boys, so they will be getting plenty of power. They are actually making me reconsider whether or not I will even use a dedicated sub. Once I get the new mid/tweets in, I will evaluate further and give a proper review of these drivers for you guys. But right now, I can honestly say that these must be one of the best values out there right now."

Shinjohn wrote:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...159-diyma-8-mid-bass-comparison-shinjohn.html
However, from a sound quality perspective, this driver hands down impressed me the most. Starting off listening in the home, I was super impressed with the cleanliness of sound in the sealed enclosure. It really did produce bass the way I always thought it should be produced: tight (well controlled), clean, tonally correct, and best of all, LOUD! In home I could not fault it on anything, and it was heads and shoulders above everything else below 500Hz. Integration with my monitor was near perfect. So good was the Peerless that I decided upon hearing it that my planned tower project (which was to use the Dayton RS225S-8) would be rethought. (I hope this doesn’t prevent me from selling my Daytons though )
Moving on to in-car listening, the results there were just as impressive, if not more so. Even with the car’s transfer function, I thought the Peerless sounded quite good “out of the box”, and a huge amount of tuning wasn’t needed to make them sound balanced. However, more impressive was the Peerless’ ability to play VERY LOW with a very high level of output! They easily played down to 20Hz, turning Peter’s door pods into little rattle machines. Don’t even think about using these in a door unless you’ve done an exceptional job deadening, and have rigidly attached the drivers to the door metal, not the door panels.
These drivers are what convinced me to finally gut my daily driver and take a new approach. (or at least this is today’s plan ) I felt that the output was so good with these that I could see myself losing my (2) 12” subwoofers in the trunk in favor of a pair of these installed in the doors (as part of a 3-way front stage). Ambitious, yes, but I think it’d be killer from an SQ perspective. I could also gain trunk space back, which would be goodness…..

Foxpro:
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speakers/399063-peerless-sls-8-best-8-midbass-money-can-buy.html
" The Peerless SLS 8 is the best 8" midbass money can buy"

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers is responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We reccomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.