·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Peerless XLS 8" (830491) mids for $70/pr shipped /not mine/

This guy has some Peerless XLS 8" mids BNIB, for CHEAP ($50/pr, $125 per 6):
mike.38 racing | eBay

/not mine, just a good find of large quantity of sought for drivers/

If everything is gone, check his ebay later - he relists the auction every day or two after it's ending...
Looks like he still has at least 7 pairs left.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another 24 drivers are there, 6 already gone :)
Damn, he refuses to ship 'em to me :(

·
Registered
666 Posts
not really unicorns. just a good driver that hasnt really been available for a few years. but now that that ebay dude sold a bunch to a forum member here there are a few sets floating around. lucky him to find the deal before any of us did so he could snatch them up for cheap. then triple his money minus shipping on them!! i will admit, i was one of the guys who jumped in. now that i found this thread, i realize, for what i paid for 4 drivers, i could have bought 12!!!! (had i found the auction) i just hope other people find this thread before they find his LOL. free enterprise i guess, but i bet at the end of the day, he didnt do himself any favors. he at least didnt make any friends. not in my book anyways. the packing that they come in from that ebay auction sucks bye-the-way!! stupid effin' peanuts with the magnets riding right on the bottom of the box. it was a speaker buyers worst nightmare opening that box. i got lucky and my 4 seem okay.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I agree...definitely didn't make a friend. I missed his first set by a few hours. Then he magically found another set, but this one would cost me more so I passed.

Than I found this thread and bought 6!

Thanks S3T!!!

Great score...

not really unicorns. just a good driver that hasnt really been available for a few years. but now that that ebay dude sold a bunch to a forum member here there are a few sets floating around. lucky him to find the deal before any of us did so he could snatch them up for cheap. then triple his money minus shipping on them!! i will admit, i was one of the guys who jumped in. now that i found this thread, i realize, for what i paid for 4 drivers, i could have bought 12!!!! (had i found the auction) i just hope other people find this thread before they find his LOL. free enterprise i guess, but i bet at the end of the day, he didnt do himself any favors. he at least didnt make any friends. not in my book anyways. the packing that they come in from that ebay auction sucks bye-the-way!! stupid effin' peanuts with the magnets riding right on the bottom of the box. it was a speaker buyers worst nightmare opening that box. i got lucky and my 4 seem okay.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
OK guys I am guilty of trying to make money. I have lost money on virtually everything I ever sold here and I saw an opportunity to make up for some of my losses. I really wasn't selling them for more than market value. Hell the ebay price per carton was about a third of what they originally sold for on Madisound if I recall correctly was ~ $65 each. And they always sold for a premium after they were no longer being manufactured.

Making a few hundred turning over speakers seemed like a good idea at the time.

How's this for reparation. I am short one pair since I got a damaged speaker. I know this is a little more than a single pair was selling on ebay. After shipping and PP fees I came up with $72 per pair. This assumes I can sell the 5th pair. What do I get out of the deal. One XLS-8 which I probably can't sell.

Anyway the math is basically this assuming I can sell the fifth pair at $72 and UPS gives me $20 for the damages speaker (6/$120).

$300 = Ebay Cost ($145 + $155 for the two cartons of 6 each including shipping)
$80 = Shipping and PP fees
$20 = Expected recompense from UPS
$360 = Cost for 5 pairs of speakers
Divide by 5 = $72

I will either send a gift or partial refund to all who bought XLS-8 from me to get the cost to you $72/pair.

And I still have to sell the 5th pair. And I have no idea how I am going to do that since the market has been flooded now. Probably more $$ for me to eat.

UPS is supposed to come by tomorrow to pick up the carton with the damaged speaker. Hopefully I will get at least $20 from them.

Will this be satisfactory?

Sorry,

Jim

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
OK guys I am guilty of trying to make money. I have lost money on virtually everything I ever sold here and I saw an opportunity to make up for some of my losses. I really wasn't selling them for more than market value. Hell the ebay price per carton was about a third of what they originally sold for on Madisound if I recall correctly was ~ $65 each. And they always sold for a premium after they were no longer being manufactured.

Making a few hundred turning over speakers seemed like a good idea at the time.

How's this for reparation. I am short one pair since I got a damaged speaker. I know this is a little more than a single pair was selling on ebay. After shipping and PP fees I came up with $72 per pair. This assumes I can sell the 5th pair. What do I get out of the deal. One XLS-8 which I probably can't sell.

Anyway the math is basically this assuming I can sell the fifth pair at $72 and UPS gives me $20 for the damages speaker (6/$120).

$300 = Ebay Cost ($145 + $155 for the two cartons of 6 each including shipping)
$80 = Shipping and PP fees
$20 = Expected recompense from UPS
$360 = Cost for 5 pairs of speakers
Divide by 5 = $72

I will either send a gift or partial refund to all who bought XLS-8 from me to get the cost to you $72/pair.

And I still have to sell the 5th pair. And I have no idea how I am going to do that since the market has been flooded now. Probably more $$ for me to eat.

UPS is supposed to come by tomorrow to pick up the carton with the damaged speaker. Hopefully I will get at least $20 from them.

Will this be satisfactory?

Sorry,

Jim
I for one, do not feel that the partial re-fund was necessary. The price was fair and I was happy to pay for what I initially got them for.

:inout:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Thanks I appreciate the sentiment.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought a pair from Jim and he may have doubled his money but I still paid far less for them then I have seen them go on here before. I believe the price was fair especially considering madisounds original price. I am just glad I found a pair and can't wait to get them installed. I feel Jim did nothing wrong making a little money and I would buy from him again anytime.

Justin

·
Registered
666 Posts
i also would not ask for a refund. but i did voice my opinion (maybe a little too strongly) that i was not impressed with the order of business on that deal. i am old school. i work hard for my money. at the expense of blood-sweat-and calouses on my hands. not at the expense of others not being in the right place at the right time. i guess thats why i am not a sales man, nor can i stand sales men. if i were in your shoes capitalizing on the opportunity to make a quick buck would never have crossed my mind. i would have done as S3T (the OP here) did and passed along the "find". and if i did want to try and make a buck i would have turned around and put them right back on ebay. not brought it here. diyma is getting quite large. but its still a small relatively tight-knit community. and i for one like to see people stick together and watch out for each other. rather than take advantage of a good opportunity at the expense of a potential friends pocket-book.

with all that said. thanks for the 8"s Jim. the shipping was quick, and i cant wait to use them. but, there are easier, definitely more gratifying ways to make money. flipping audio gear to a bunch of struggling cheap bastards isnt gonna get you very far LOL.

like i said, i want no money back! if Jim had just bought them all, and i knew how much he paid for them, would i have still bought my 2 pairs from him? yes. would i have snatched them all if i found the auction before him, with the intention of making a profit? nope, not my style. but thats just me.

·
Premium Member
11,394 Posts
Jimbo provided a service. He found some drivers that people wanted. Let the man make a few dollars for being the middle man. After paypal fees, his time to repackage them, dropping them off, etc...he couldn't have made a killing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts