DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
****ty D.I.Y. installer
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there:

I ordered my "xls 8's", or so I thought from ndang. Speakers I got that look exactly like the ones everyones talking about actually say HDS 8 on the magnets sticker. Not that it matters I guess (unless I somehow got the wrong woofer), but why is this being called the XLS 8 if is part of the HDS series and comes saying that?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The PDF file on Madisound has the driver name as " 830491 8" HDS Woofer " then in the feature list mentions the use of the XLS design.

It is quite possible we are calling it the XLS 8" for short ;)

(Edited my post to reflect the correct model #... sorry if I confused anyone with my error...)

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Since a HDS 8" already exists, I thought it best to avoid confusion by calling it XLS since it does feature "xtra long stroke".

The correct model# is 830491.

·
Registered
244 Posts
So what is the mounting depth of this speaker? What amps are people using to power this in an active system as a dedicated midbass?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am just trying to find an amp that won't cost me and arm and a leg but will do close to 150 rms at 8 ohms per side. Any suggestions?

BTW - I am currently piecing together an active 3-way front stage for my Cadillac CTS-V, including a Fosgate 8250 and EPX2 processing. This Peerless 8" is the PERFECT midbass for my application.

·
****ty D.I.Y. installer
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How much power did you have that was not enough? I'm planning on running an ESX 175.2 to it, so it'll be getting rated under 100 watts into 8 ohms. I'm gonna be dissapointed if it doesn't totally freaking pound? You think I'll need more amp than this?

·
Registered
578 Posts
FYI... you can bridge the new Alpine 4 channels, but the are designed to give you max output on the Rear Channels... for example if you bridge the F545 you'll get 125x1 front & 500x1 rear 2 14v...

I am using 2 MRV-F345 for my front stage... 50x2 to my tweeters & 300x1 to my left XLS 8 & 50x2 to my mids & 300x1 to my right XLS 8...

@ 8ohms they see about 150watts... & that is plenty for them... tons of impact & output...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.