DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,299 Posts
Bringing it up from the dead. Is there any chance for a plot of VC endurance? I've seen some of the new reviews now covering power/thermal.

· Registered
5,299 Posts
Does anybody else find the sensitivity on this guy to be very high? As far as I can tell it's 2db more sensitive than the next 12 that has been tested. So it may have 1mm of xmax less than the Dayton but it more than makes up for it in efficiency. I'm also a big fan of the quality control, this is textbook material, CMS and BL are nearly copies. The big box requirement is a pain in the ass but with so many XXLS versions around that becomes one of the strengths of the Peerless. This sub is probably king 30hz-100hz from what we have seen tested so far. The ubber subs (Eclipse, ED) might have a slight edge under 30hz but only when driven by several jigawatts whereas this guy is loud and clean everywhere with a mere fraction of the power.

I know this might not be a big issue with others but the waterproof cone and thin aluminum basket means reliability and light weight, and I'm a big fan of those in a convertible/sports car mobile environment. Maybe some owner could weigh one, but based on shipping weights it should be 10lbs lighter than the Dayton and offers a smaller frame diameter.

· Registered
5,299 Posts
Not desperate but if you ever have one laying out that would be awesome. :cool:

· Registered
5,299 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.