DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally got around to doing my system and it's pics as I promised. I will be going in for my tuning session mid-week, and have used the last week to just "break-in" everything. So, far, I'm dumbfounded how great this system sounds. SO much SPL while sustaining incredible SQ results!

I have tried going with the LCY 110 tweets and the Peerless XLS 8's but have been stopped in my tracks due to space limitations with the configuration of what I was trying to accomplish. Never the less, it sounds downright awesome! It hasn't even been tuned yet!!! My friends are stunned by the overall sound and results. It really doesn't matter what I play. It all sounds soooo clear and musical while having such a presence to it. The bass. although extreme and exaggerated with 4 12" IDMAX's, finds a way on blending so well with the highs while pounding your chest in, if you so desire. :eek:

Here's a link to my SoundDomain webpage for this system and vehicle.

http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/2134116

I will update the results of my tuning session next week.
I am extremely happy as of now.

I also would like to thank npdang, Derek and everyone else that helped out. You guys are the best.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Looks very nice bud. Very clean. I'm sure that suv is really loud, as far as bass goes, but also looks like it would sound amazing. I'd love to get a pair of the W15's for dedicated midrange if i was going 3way, looks like a kick ass system bud. Glad your as happy as you could be.

Wish i could have a tuning session with someone who knew what they were doing lol.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well, the TN52's and Seas Excel DO keep up with everything extremely well... till I drop in Bass Mekanik. LOL There is just so many ways to balance this system with the processing that it can sound great with just about anything.

The one thing I noticed that I've been told is that even with loud, bassy CD's. the system never gets uncontrolled. It's so loud, but yet tends to "blend" very well regardless.

I dropped in some Sade and the IASCA CD... WOW!!! I can't believe a car can sound like that! Jezebel from Sade was friggin' so real! I thought she was on my dash singing her pretty @ss off while the band was around her! My wife even loves it which speaks volumes in itself.

Lets see when it gets tuned. I cant believe that it isnt even tuned yet! I like to thank the dampening and electrical system more than anything! THOSE are the most important to me then tuning, then equipment! ;)

Thanks for the compliments.
Pete

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Those are really nice kicks... how much airspace do you have behind that mid? Very clean overall. Glad everything worked out for you.

I originally didn't plan on keeping the W18NX I bought... but just to let you know they're going into my doors tomorrow.. unbelievably clean bass and a good ~4db or so more efficient than my old W18E001.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
npdang said:
Those are really nice kicks... how much airspace do you have behind that mid? Very clean overall. Glad everything worked out for you.

I originally didn't plan on keeping the W18NX I bought... but just to let you know they're going into my doors tomorrow.. unbelievably clean bass and a good ~4db or so more efficient than my old W18E001.

Thanks.
I have to get the #'s on the airspace behind the kicks. We did some math, but I forgot the actual numbers since we played with a few different scenarios.

Do you recommend I get the W18NX's for my midbass duties? I'll be somewhere at 70-160Hz. To be quite honest, the only ting I'm not really happy with is my midbass. I was kind of forced to settle with the Focal 6.5's since the Peerless XLS 8's gave me a problem. I can get the XLS's in there, but man it'll be a job!

I'd like to drop in the new midbass; lower on the door to get a better pathlength. But since we're playing such low frequencies, would it even be an audible difference being that bass is pretty non-directional?

Thanks, Pete

·
Registered
415 Posts
i thought i was gonna go deaf....

lookin nice!

·
Registered
242 Posts
npdang said:

ahhh shucks (snaps finger) if only i knew this before hand. :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys! ;)

This forum helped me out a lot! I learned so much by reading your posts and you guys answering my questions. Especially npdang (Nguyen).

Tomorrow is my big tuning day, so we'll see how that goes.

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.