DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a Phoenix Gold 2125. I haven't run it in a while. I purchased it used, then changed the caps, then it went into storage. I recently hooked it up. I have power and ground to the unit, good rca feed and speaker wire ( have another 2125 next to it in the same install so I have switched the rca's and speaker wire to make sure it wasn't that). 12V at the amp and what i get out of it is very little.

The output is really low. It is also unresponsive to the mono/stereo switch. In other words, when I throw it from one to the other it makes no difference in output. The gain knob is the same way, same amount of output whether it's all the way up or down.

It does get louder as the volume on the head unit comes up but compared to the other one it's like it's running at about 1/10th the output, just barely making noise.

So it's not the power, the LED's on the board light up just like the other one, it's not the rca's or the speakers or the speaker wire. The gain is unresponsive as is the bass boost knob. It does have output but very little.

All of the fuses are good on the board including the 4 small buss fuses and the two big main fuses. It's like the feed into the amp is so low that it just can't amplify it very well. BUT, it's not the source because when I swap speaker wires and rca's to the other amp it rocks your face off so I know the signal is good. I am using a 9887 so I have 4V out.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Lance.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update, it looks like I am in protection mode. I just noticed, when I turn the amp on it shows the red light for a second, then goes to the green light which I believe is protection mode. Problem is I don't know why it's going into that mode. I unplugged the rca's and the speaker wire and just ran power, ground and the remote and it still does it so I am guessing it's internal.

mmmmm.

Lance

·
Registered
130 Posts
did you change the 4 big rail caps or just the power supply caps? i know if you don't get the big caps soldered in good you loose the connection between both sides of the board.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts