1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
is that a good deal ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Their $59.99 plus $9.99 shipping on their website, so its basically the same price (69.90 vs 69.98)

·
Registered
92 Posts
These have a very harsh midrange. Unless you have a good 7-band or so EQ to tame the problem frequencies, I'd stay away from these. Yes, they do get pretty dang loud and the woofers can handle quite a bit of power, but you're going active so you have a huge selection of drivers. Spend an extra $30-40 and you'll be WAY happier. How many drivers do you plan on using, BTW?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just 2 way. 6 1/2 in mids and tweets in a pillar. Car is a 98 accord ex coupe. What do you recommend. Like i said i am currently running Polk dx component set passive.

Steve

·
Registered
92 Posts
To be honest, I haven't heard a whole bunch of different drivers. But this looks like a potential setup I would do and it's not overly pricey. The Peerless CSX line is a very solid choice from what I've read, and this particular Vifa tweet seems very nice. I'd probably rather get the tweeter from Madisound, but free shipping is hard to pass up.

I would get a pair of these before they're gone: Parts Express:peerless 851123 CSX 6-1/2" Woofer 4 Ohm

And a pair of these: Parts Express:Vifa D25AG-35 1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts