DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Schooler
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy had forgotten all about this Phoenix Gold MPS-2220 old school "cheater amp" until he recently found it under the seat of his old work truck. The rest of the system was stolen in the mid 90's right after it was installed with nothing being replaced so this bad boy has been sitting there UNused for all that time!! It is in SUPERB condition and works perfectly with the only flaws I can find being 3 small nicks on the top of the fins, a couple of light scuffs/small scratches and his name along with the numbers "556" engraved on the bottom and back (NOT through the paint and hard to see unless you look at certain angles but it wouldn't show up on the camera). Since it has been under the seat all this time the paint and lettering are still EXTREMELY bright/shiny including the neon colored RCA stenciled on the back. This is the "Mobile Professional Series" so it is 1/2 ohm stable :eek: :eek: and although I don't know the actual output I am told it is quite a bit more than rated but you'll need a fan if you load it real low! Almost forgot, one of the screws to the bottom cover broke off :( but I did get some nice internal pictures. :D

Here is a COPY OF THE MANUAL and I also have the original in LIKE NEW condition as well with NO yellowing! :)

More info here:
ftp://www.rodinaudio.com/Phoenix Gold Mobile Audio/PG Vintage Products FAQ.pdf

Whenever my back heals up I will be doing the simple install in his '65Cadillac convertible :) for whatever this thing sells for and based on info from one of the "amp guru's" here as well as what I'm willing to do the install for I am going to ask $400.00 plus shipping OBO. (I couldn't find one in this condition for sale/has sold to get any other reference so if the price is retarded just let me know!) Don't really need any trades right now but let me know what you have and I'll consider it!

BTW, I do NOT negotiate in threads so please PM/email or call me at the number in my signature!

·
Registered
768 Posts
bump for a very sweet little amp. and in great condition. I had one back in 89-90 and loved it.

·
Old Schooler
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump for a very sweet little amp. and in great condition. I had one back in 89-90 and loved it.
Thanks dejo!

OK it appears my price may be a bit retarded :eek: so how about $300.00 shipped?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bump for Mr. Marv. Those were some ot the best looking amps ever produced IMO. I wish I had bought some of them. I remember Bill Bibb have a trunk full of them at the Master's in Stone Mountain Park back in the day. Good luck Marv!

·
Old Schooler
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump for Mr. Marv. Those were some ot the best looking amps ever produced IMO. I wish I had bought some of them. I remember Bill Bibb have a trunk full of them at the Master's in Stone Mountain Park back in the day. Good luck Marv!
Thanks Joel! It's now on eBay and I'll accept any reasonable offer! :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
what a georgeous amp! i was i kept mine too, all i have left are a couple of M series, gud luck on the sale!

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
marv- that is a very good amp. I am not sure if the price is too high in my opinion. Considering ----

Anyway - bump to an awesome gentleman and a scholar :)

·
Old Schooler
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SOLD and on it's way to the Netherlands!
Thanks guys! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts