DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a 5 or 6 channel amp to do everything. I am going to get a clarion dxz785usb, and go active 3 way. I will be using alpine type s components and a alpine type e sub. Would a phoenix gold xs 6600 amp power the drivers good enough?

Heres a manual;

http://download.phoenixphorum.com/Manuals/Amplifiers/XS/xs6600.pdf

Ive read on a few threads that this is a nice mid level amp. I will buy it new from woofersect most likley. Any opinions on this amp?

·
Registered
771 Posts
If I was you I'd wait 90 days for the new Zed Audio 6 channel to ship. Or, Find an older Xtant 3300, 603. Or just buy a Zuki Audio 5 channel.

I am a fan of Phoenix Gold of the old lines.

I just never liked the way the XS series looked. But, they are pretty good amps.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like how the amp looks myself lol. Well one of the reasons I might spring for it is because I can get it for 290 new from woofersect. Where can I buy Zed audio, or Zuki audio amps? Are they in the same price range as the xs?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not looking for tons of power. Just something with a good clean power supply. I don't need alot of power for my little s10 cab.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That xtant amp is nice,but the sub channel is not putting out enough power for my sub.
There are a few 6600 in the classifieds I have my eye on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts