DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
DEX-P99RS, Esotar 110's, Focal 3.5WM's, Pioneer Stage 4 6.5's, Focal 10WM, PG Zen9
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this off Ebay from an actually great guy who use to compete in car audio competitions quite a bit in the 90's. Anyways, this thing was babied even by my standards and looks immaculate. I asked him if he even used and it and he did, but not for very long and never used the sub channel. The first box he brings out was the enormous crate (that's part of why I am hoping for a sale in MN) which I really don't see a need for but it's kinda cool if you wanted to display it? It also comes with the limited #39 license plate, manual and sub volume remote.

I don't know if you can find a more perfect condition Zen9 as thing looks brand new.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Looking to get what I paid for it since I drove 3 hours out of my way to get it and it's only been used about two days and for about three hours and it works perfectly.

Asking $2600 shipped (prefer local because it will be a beach to ship) and Paypal fees (negotiable).

IMG_20210407_135130121.jpg
IMG_20210407_135110113.jpg

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Far too many amps look as though they've been used as a shield by infantry personnel. Nice to see such a pristine piece. Best of luck to you on the sale.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
This thing is a beauty!

Reactions: spent

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gorgeous amp!
Curious what kind of speaker set up would one run off this?

Tweets
More tweets?
Mids
More mids?
Mid bass
Sub

·
Registered
Rainbow Germanium Four,Gladen XL 259c2,Auidio Control DM-608,CDT HD-6/ES1+,Unity U61-2V2
113 Posts
This site says only 100 of these amps were ever made. I think I would be keeping it.

·
Registered
DEX-P99RS, Esotar 110's, Focal 3.5WM's, Pioneer Stage 4 6.5's, Focal 10WM, PG Zen9
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I planned on using 2 channels for tweets, 2 channels for midranges, bridging 2 sets of channels (4 channels) to run 1 pair of midbass and 1 for the subwoofer. I actually was concerned about whether you could bridge any of the channels because it wasn't indicated anywhere in the manual or on the amp or on the website. So I called and got someone who worked at a PG contracted amp service center and he wasn't sure but said it didn't look like it. Anyway, I emailed and got a different response saying all of the channels can be bridged. However, I didn't get that email until after I uninstalled it from my car. Thanks for asking and my amp says thanks for the compliment

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This site says only 100 of these amps were ever made. I think I would be keeping it.
That's what I kept trying to tell the wife and I don't think she was too impressed. I wouldn't even show her the amp because I knew the disrespectful look she would give us and the amp didn't deserve that.

·
Registered
Rainbow Germanium Four,Gladen XL 259c2,Auidio Control DM-608,CDT HD-6/ES1+,Unity U61-2V2
113 Posts
Ah. The wife. Sometimes they are funny like that. My brother in law had a purple 69 cuda, and it was beautiful. Custom everything. The thing was show car quality, and his wife didn t like the time he spent on it, and told him; it s me or the car. I was like, take the car. Take the car. It was heart breaking watching him sell it. The things we do for love...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Let's just make it $2600 shipped.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Updated price...

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
For those that are interested...this is the birth sheet for this amp. Impressive!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you! Each day and really just about every few hours I change my mind for a bit and think maybe I should just see what I can get for my other four amps first before going through with selling the Zen9...we'll see .

Thanks again!

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
Thank you! Each day and really just about every few hours I change my mind for a bit and think maybe I should just see what I can get for my other four amps first before going through with selling the Zen9...we'll see .

Thanks again!
I regret selling my Elite.5 :(

·
Premium Member
198 Posts

Thanks again!
Very welcome. Only 100 of these ever made...if you continue to stay interested in car audio this is one of those pieces you will ALWAYS regret selling.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright, dang nab it! Maybe I will take it off the market for a bit to reevaluate, as you gentlemen are probably right. In the long run I'll probably regret it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts