DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this phoenix gold xs6600. This is about the only 6 channel amp out there with 24db crossovers and band pass. I am running my tweeters 4.875khz up, mid 200hz to 4.875khz, and mid bass 200hz to 80hz. All done with the amp no separate crossover. The power is 50x4 + 75x2.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The new Zed Audio Leviathan 6ch will have 24dB and the ability to do bandpass and subsonic, etc. 100x4 + 200x2

LEVIATHAN info from the site:
(due out later this year)

This is a six channel amplifier.
Channels 1+2 and 3+4 are identical in their function. High and Low pass crossovers with the ability to run them as bandpass as well. Crossovers run from 46Hz to 5KHz at 24dB/octave.
They can be run flat as well.

Channels 5+6 are the same again but have an extra high pass crossover running from 10Hz to 50Hz to act as a subsonic filter. Again all at 24dB/octave.

The six RCA inputs also have switchable function. First 6 in 6 out, second all 6 channels from RCA inputs 1+2 and lastly chs 5+6 receiving a mono signal from the mix of 1+2+3+4 inputs. This allows the use of a 5+1 system with constant subwoofer fading.

Two current mode switches allow the user to select low or high current mode for channels 1-4 and 5-6 independently.
Pairs of channels are bridgable. (400w/800w)

There are two separate power supplies, one for channels 1-4 and the other for channels 5-6.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Holy **** that Zed Audio amp sounds killer!

Does it say anywhere what MSRP or estimated price will be?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yikes, $1000 seems way high. If it were more in the $400-500 range, I'd be interested.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
the 175x4 is going to be closer to that price ( like 500)

both arent that bad in price (especially the six channel since it can run your whole system)

even 3 way as the rear two channels can be used as full range not just subs usage

·
Registered
329 Posts
If possible, I'm sure he'll keep it under a grand.

I seem to remember $5-600 for the 4x175 Kronos, and a little more for the 6ch Leviathan. Hopefully they'll be out soon. August was the goal.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Derek said:
and? :)

i for one...

am happy for you :)
That's was my reaction to the post too! For a second there, I thought I was in the For Sale section. :roll:

BTW: I'm happy for you (regal) too, by the way, how much did that Amp cost? I would love to have something like that!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The amp was $300 new on ebay. I got it hooked up today. The sound is stunning. The CDT passive crossovers I had before were a real pain, took up a lot of trunk space and were faulty. The install is so clean without the four passive crossovers.

Only issue I am having is setting the gain for the tweeter, evidently my CDT tweeter has poor dispersion. Running test tones the sound level changes +/- 5 db moving just a few inches, making it hard to set the gain on the tweeter. This is my first active setup after 20 years of car audio.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Level setting in an active setup is oh so much fun! Set level, run to the cab, listen, run back to the trunk, repeat ad nauseam... It would be nice to be able to set all the gains from the front...

Ryan

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
|Tch0rT| said:
Level setting in an active setup is oh so much fun! Set level, run to the cab, listen, run back to the trunk, repeat ad nauseam... It would be nice to be able to set all the gains from the front...
This is why you don't put the amp/xover in the trunk when you're setting Fc's and levels. I prefer to have it on my lap. Set levels, WRITE THEM DOWN, and then install it permanently once you're done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.