DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Wow, I really appreciate all the in-depth responses guys.
I'm in Phillipsburg, NJ. It's about 15-20 minutes from Bethlehem and Allentown, PA.
I have a professor at community college right now who graduated from NJIT and he said the same thing, great school. I just assumed that he was plugging it because he graduated from there, but it's helpful that it's really true. My brother's friend is going to Lehigh right now and he really likes the school also, so that must say something. I'll have to get in touch with him and see if he knows any engineering students to see what they have to say about the program.
You are pretty close to Lafayette too. Keep that school in mind as well. It is a good school and the classes aren't overwhelmingly huge either. Its fun as well, however its more Greek life there. I have help trashed the DKE house there many times :D .

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You are pretty close to Lafayette too. Keep that school in mind as well. It is a good school and the classes aren't overwhelmingly huge either. Its fun as well, however its more Greek life there. I have help trashed the DKE house there many times :D .
I'm literally in walking distance from Lafayette. Somehow I always forget it's there :)
From what I heard, they're really cracking down on the parties, fraternities, etc. A friend of mine who is alumni from there told me they're enforcing on-campus housing. Gotta live on campus to go to school there. I don't know if that was a "pending" type of thing or if it went through, though. I'll have to ask my friend.

·
Registered
18,245 Posts
Most important are 3 things.

1. Are the credits transferable to other major universities?
(who cares where you do your first few years, just finish off the degree at the most prestigous institution you can find in your major)

2. What is the male/female ratio?

3. How good/close is the local scene?

You find one that fits good in all 3, and you will love college.
This, not that I would know since I never went to college lol. But I know people who went to Lehigh and Rutgers NJIT. After hearing about both, i'd probably go Rutgers.

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
This, not that I would know since I never went to college lol. But I know people who went to Lehigh and Rutgers NJIT. After hearing about both, i'd probably go Rutgers.
Arguably you should be one to go... since you understand the majority of the EE/Physics part.
And arguably, you should not go , as you probably would not learn as much as you would hope to,

The important thing to to have the knowledge, and also having the knowledge in areas not exactly aligned, is also helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
it seems to me that having knowledge in areas not exactly aligned is too important in today's world. The hardest thing for me at college and then at university was to write all kinds of non-standard creative assignments or scientific research. I once had to write apa paper, I didn't understand how to write this type of task at all, so I went to the service papersowl.com/apa-paper-writing-service. I think it's a very good way to do tasks and make it easier for myself to study in college.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts