DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing research for a battery or super caps. I have a 2500 watt amp for 2 10s subs. The amp is a skar audio 2500.1, I have a 250amp high output alternator. Now I am trying to pick the right battery. Just get lost with all the numbers on them. Any help or thoughts will be good for me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
335 Posts
What vehicle?
Fit the largest northstar, xs power, or other agm battery of your liking under the hood. And after, if you’re having electrical issues, look at adding a secondary battery if needed.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
I have been doing research for a battery or super caps. I have a 2500 watt amp for 2 10s subs. The amp is a skar audio 2500.1,...
I seea problems in that amplifiers are called amps, and they are rated in watts.

If the amps are regulated, then I would p'rolly add a second battery. lithium if it is a headlight dimmer and AGM if it I powered with the engine off.

If the amps are not regulated, then I would p'rolly go with the caps.

·
Registered
2000 Chrysler Town & Country, PT, Volvo, Truck, Powerwheels.
727 Posts
What CAR do you have. Or truck? XS power is the Defacto for most who just want a battery to just drop in and go.

But... the reason why I ask about the Car or truck you own is Heat. AGM batts DO NOT LOVE HEAT. So if your fan BLOWS RIGHT on your Battery, and your exhaust is right next to it? Then I would really go with a Northstar if you want to use it under the hood. Deka? Not so much for a hot hood AGM. I know..

13.8v, or 14.4 really makes a difference here. AGM's don't really charge well at 13.8 charging system. So they lose performance faster over time. If you do have a grand to drop? Just get the Lithium battery and throw it in the back with whatever cheap crap starting battery up in front. As soon as it falls below the rated cranking amps, just warty it out and swap until you need to spend $50 bucks on a new one. Best for Really hot engine bays.

That lithium battery will last you 10 years. I'm being serious. Even when the capacity goes down? THe power is still going to be 80% there. THe fact you can't really KILL or drain your battery to dead is a nice feature.

They also don't sulfate. THe wear, but they don't care if you don't ever fully charge them like AGM or Lead acid.

About the caps? Well. Just like Holmz said? Caps are best on unregulated amps. So for your amp? It does not say, but I'm 100% sure it is unregulated. That is due to the power going up & down with voltage. as listed.

• Certified (RMS) Power at 1 Ohm: 2,525 Watts (13.25v)
  • Dynamic (Peak) Power at 1 Ohm: 2,803 Watts (13.56v)
IMO? if that's all you got, this amp can pull 400 Amp would give you the most power at a higher voltage. THe cap can keep a higher voltage and recover faster than a AGM battery. It also has Zero Issues cranking out 400 amps bursts while still at a fairly high voltage without drop. It also charges up fast with the alternator between bass hits.

The Cap is going to give you the most out of your amp if you are into SPL. But if you like to listen with the car off? Lithium battery all the way.

The nice thing with the cap is that you just use any old cheap battery, and for daily use, its set and forget it.

The other cool thing with the caps? When you do a car audio SPL day? You can use a charger to get the caps to 16v and hammer it for a burp. Caps are about the best way to get the maximum amount of peak power output your unregulated amp can do. Bang for the buck? Not good. But Bang for the Watts? Best deal out there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I will vouch about the lithium. I am running the wolfram lithium on my bc4k with stock battery and stock alt with 0 issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is an 04 camry. It is my daily driver. Not wanting competition but I want to get the most out of my amplifier. I did a big 3 upgrade with a 500 watt amp and I could tell the difference. I have the stock battery and alternator on it right now. I did buy a 250 amp alternator and will install soon. I just wanted to beef up the power to get the most out of the amp. The highs and mids will go through the deck. Looking online for a battery is the hardest part. I also looked at caps and they seem pretty good. So just wanted some ideas. I know my car is battery group 24f or 35 I think. The positive is on the left side. Thanks again. 2.4L and it does get warm in the summer.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
It is an 04 camry. It is my daily driver. Not wanting competition but I want to get the most out of my amplifier...
Is the amp regulated?
Or unregulated?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What CAR do you have. Or truck? XS power is the Defacto for most who just want a battery to just drop in and go.

But... the reason why I ask about the Car or truck you own is Heat. AGM batts DO NOT LOVE HEAT. So if your fan BLOWS RIGHT on your Battery, and your exhaust is right next to it? Then I would really go with a Northstar if you want to use it under the hood. Deka? Not so much for a hot hood AGM. I know..

13.8v, or 14.4 really makes a difference here. AGM's don't really charge well at 13.8 charging system. So they lose performance faster over time. If you do have a grand to drop? Just get the Lithium battery and throw it in the back with whatever cheap crap starting battery up in front. As soon as it falls below the rated cranking amps, just warty it out and swap until you need to spend $50 bucks on a new one. Best for Really hot engine bays.

That lithium battery will last you 10 years. I'm being serious. Even when the capacity goes down? THe power is still going to be 80% there. THe fact you can't really KILL or drain your battery to dead is a nice feature.

They also don't sulfate. THe wear, but they don't care if you don't ever fully charge them like AGM or Lead acid.

About the caps? Well. Just like Holmz said? Caps are best on unregulated amps. So for your amp? It does not say, but I'm 100% sure it is unregulated. That is due to the power going up & down with voltage. as listed.

IMO? if that's all you got, this amp can pull 400 Amp would give you the most power at a higher voltage. THe cap can keep a higher voltage and recover faster than a AGM battery. It also has Zero Issues cranking out 400 amps bursts while still at a fairly high voltage without drop. It also charges up fast with the alternator between bass hits.

The Cap is going to give you the most out of your amp if you are into SPL. But if you like to listen with the car off? Lithium battery all the way.

The nice thing with the cap is that you just use any old cheap battery, and for daily use, its set and forget it.

The other cool thing with the caps? When you do a car audio SPL day? You can use a charger to get the caps to 16v and hammer it for a burp. Caps are about the best way to get the maximum amount of peak power output your unregulated amp can do. Bang for the buck? Not good. But Bang for the Watts? Best deal out there.

I added more info on the bottom

Added more info an
Is the amp regulated?
Or unregulated?
To be honest I do not know. I have looked all over the internet. Maybe I am looking at thw wrong websites. It is Skar Audio SKv2-2500.1D.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
Does Skar have a phone number?
(Or are they like an eBay or Amazon distributor?)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They have a phone number. I will call them tomorrow. They have a website as well Skaraudio.com.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been looking at
XS power d1200
A energie 2400
Odyssey 34R-PC1500T
Since someone said something about northstar battery
NSB-AGM24F NorthStar

Of course price is also what I am looking at. If it is super expensive then I will have to take my time to get it.

Lithium could be later on down the road but I figured one of these batteries and the high output alternator will keep the power up for the amp and other the ac in the summer. In the summer my engine does feel like it runs hot. But no lights or any warning signs.

Just wanted to see what you all thought of the batteries I am looking at. A 24f or 35 will work in this car. The positive has to be on the right. Thanks to everyone giving me a good idea on what to do. I contacted skar and they are going to email me about the regulated or unregulated. I will let you all know. Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts