DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few shots of the installation of my Seas G18RNX/P mids :drool: See my tweeter install thread here: http://70.86.17.162/~npdang/forum/showthread.php?t=1329

Being that these mids are pretty big, I am not able to build a baffle over 1/8" thick without the mids hitting the inside of the door panel. The way the panel is designed, cutting was not an option since it would be visible from the outside... hard to explain. The good thing is that the stock holes are pretty big, so being able to drop the Seas mids in while only needing a 1/8" spacer is amazing :thumbsup:

The 1/8" board I used is MDF with a white laminate on the front. The laminate helps to stiffen up the wood, but I will be adding one layer of fiberglass on the back side just to help stiffen the baffle as much as possible while not getting much thicker (I can spare another 1/16" without hitting the panel).

Anyway, on with the pics :)

I first made a template using measurements and construction paper! I then cut it out and taped it to the door to double check the correct shape, and that it will fit behind the door panel without hitting anything. Once all was good, I used the template to draw my baffle onto the wood and started cutting using a jig saw.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
beautiful.

·
Seen Rock City
732 Posts
Verrrrry sexxxy indeed. Nice Jorb!

·
Ignorance is Bliss
181 Posts
did you cut those pefect cicles with a hand jig saw?? how come mine dont look that pretty...

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Nicely done......got power to them yet....when you do if you havn't already....you might notice you will need some dampener on those bare doors :)

Very nice.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
demon2091tb said:
Nicely done......got power to them yet....when you do if you havn't already....you might notice you will need some dampener on those bare doors :)

Very nice.
No power yet. I am going to reinforce the baffles to make them a little stronger, as well as plug all holes and deaden the door.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts