DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
nice setup i always here good things about nht speakers how do u like em. Some day i hope to upgrade my home speakers but the speakers i have are a steal for the money nothing sounds close in their price range.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice setup i always here good things about nht speakers how do u like em. Some day i hope to upgrade my home speakers but the speakers i have are a steal for the money nothing sounds close in their price range.
what do have?

I really like my NHT's..
im just preparing to get a new sub.. dont know which to get but I know I wantdual subs located opposite of each other to avoid standing waves and to have a more even bass response
HSU STF-2 (4th)
Elemental Designs A2-300 (5th)
Acoustic Audio HD-sub12 (most affordable)
BIC PL200 (3rd)
Premier Acoustics PA123 (second most affordable)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fluance SXHTB+ 5 Speaker Surround Sound Home Theater System those and a jbl northbridge 250 watt 12 Ive had these speakers for like 7 years and they have held up great. They are matched with a pioneer 7.1 receiver a samsung 60 inch dlp and a ps3 for blu rays. The only sub i could really say anything about would be the ed and thats only from my experience with their car subs. They had real good output and real good sq. They have always been good customer service wise too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yea i do they sound amazing for the price the front mains can put out decent midbass however i have mine crossed at 100. I dont think there is really much that can touch them at that price theyve held up for 7 years and still sound as good as when i got them

·
Registered
93 Posts
Every man needs a home theater set up or his man card should be revoked! Good set up with NHT. I used to run a home theater gallery website, was a blast but just ran out of time to keep it going. Wish I had the time still.
Didn't NHT have the ceiling speakers that angled towards the listener? You could push them up or have them angled down.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also the home theater looks good, but the placement of the rears looks pretty strange, can you hear them ok at that position?
all speakers are level matched... they r a bit off axis so im planning on attaching them to one of those positional wallmount brackets

I just purchase through ebay,,, premier acoustic PA-120 12" powered sub..... cant wait for delivery

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Definitive Technologies makes good subs as well.

I love my HSU, but it's a single VTF series- a bit much to do two. Have you thought about DIY for the sub? There are a lot of cool projects listed on Parts Express.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a Definitive Technology Super Cube III. Nice and small, and packs alot of punch for a little guy (very high WAF). Also extremely transparent for a mid-size room with a single sub. I am in an apartment currently so the need for 2 is unessicary but i did just pick up the Yamaha RX-V665 wich is capable of 7.2 so.....

But the setup looks good. I have never heard NHT's but have heard good things about them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
But the setup looks good. I have never heard NHT's but have heard good things about them.
nht sounds great.. i like them..

I have a Definitive Technology Super Cube III. Nice and small, and packs alot of punch for a little guy (very high WAF). Also extremely transparent for a mid-size room with a single sub. I am in an apartment currently so the need for 2 is unessicary but i did just pick up the Yamaha RX-V665 wich is capable of 7.2 so.....
there are 2 purposes of having 2 subs
smooth out bass response.. eliminate room modes (standing waves)
and
since i have a very large room to fill.. 2 subs would do the job better than one.. http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40242

at the cost i paid for the sub 230bux.. its doing very good job.. http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...r-acoustic-pa120-sub-review-home-theater.html

1 - 20 of 25 Posts