DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't worry the guy being from Germany! He sent me pictures and confirmed all dimensions before building. The quality is very good.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Looks sweet. What are you putting in the pods? And is the finish custom as well?
Been thinking about getting some for my xtant coaxs for a while now...i've seen his stuff on ebay and wondered.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm using the Fountek 89's for my pods and the finish is black. Not sure how he does it, looks to be black aluminum. He also does leather pods. My pods are drilled out for different kind of drivers...threaded holes.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I might ordered a pair of 3.5" to 4" pods and have him designed it in a way, where i'll be able to mount any driver I want under 4" diameter, using like a 1/8" or 1/4" speaker ring. That way, I'll have the flexibility of swapping out drivers if I ever change them up.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure about custom fees, USPS delivered mine. I just paid him the cost of the pods plus shipping. I'm sure there are custom fees of some sort.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That seems very reasonable if you can have them made to fit your specific tweeter or mid.

Totally agree. Assuming he must machine these on a CNC or something. The pod is absolutely flawless. First person I've run across that actually makes really nice pods that don't look cheap.

1 - 20 of 274 Posts