DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

201 - 220 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]
Yes, very nice. Where did you get those disconnects from? I have wanted something like that for a while. Mind you haven't really looked around too much either.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Did you get 1l for the 10f? Let us know the results from rta. 1l should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went with the 0.5L. I considered getting the 1's but was concerned over how large they would be on the dash and strain placed on pillar.

Right now I have the crossed at 500hz and they do not seem to be having a problem at all.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
428 Posts
I was looking at the pod set for the hertz mille and was wondering if anyone had any experience with these with the ml700.3 by chance?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks DDfusion, that is where I found the set originally, just asking for some input as to if anyone has experience with the pods for the mille set, particularly the ml700 pod to be specific. I was reading the thread about concerns about airspace with drivers and it had me wondering.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Thanks DDfusion, that is where I found the set originally, just asking for some input as to if anyone has experience with the pods for the mille set, particularly the ml700 pod to be specific. I was reading the thread about concerns about airspace with drivers and it had me wondering.
Depends on how low you plan to cross them and whether you would opt for the 0.5L or 1L pod. The mille has a fairly high Qts of 0.57 which doesn't mix well with a small enclosure. I just modeled them in winisd and in a 0.5L enclosure they only played flat down to 900hz. If using a 1L enclosure then they model to play flat down to 700hz. YMMV

·
Registered
428 Posts
Not what I like to hear at all....I was hoping for the 250 range or a tad bit higher. The pods would make things so much easier.

Would using fiberfill possibly be able to bring the frequency response in check? I know it works with sealed enclosures and subs to a certain extent, but that is dealing with lower frequencies as well though.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Not what I like to hear at all....I was hoping for the 250 range or a tad bit higher. The pods would make things so much easier.

Would using fiberfill possibly be able to bring the frequency response in check? I know it works with sealed enclosures and subs to a certain extent, but that is dealing with lower frequencies as well though.
It may help a little but nowhere near what you are wanting it to do. But realistically, that speaker isn't made for playing to 250hz even in ideal conditions. If you cross that speaker at 250 and turn the volume up much at all you are going to blow that speaker. If you want to cross at 250, you should probably be looking at 4-5" speakers.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just looking at the t/s specs on the ml700.3 and its listed freq. response is 200hz -20khz with an Fs of 110hz. I have read you usually want to double the Fs as far as what you would cross a mid over at.....am I missing something here or maybe you know something I don't.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Why would you want your 6.5" midbass only playing from 80-250hz and then a 2.7" speaker picking up at 250hz? Do you think the 2.7" will give the same amount of clean output at 250hz as a 6.5" will?

I didn't say it couldn't be done, just don't expect great results.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My understanding is midbass is typically considered to be in the range of 50hz - 250hz....and since it is a midbass driver, I figured would want to stay in that frequency range but crossover at 63 or 80hz to the 250hz mark.

And I do appreciate your comments, I was not conveying what I said in a smartass way just to clarify, but honestly one of asking for knowledge. There are so many tricks and tips that it is bewildering at times.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
My understanding is midbass is typically considered to be in the range of 50hz - 250hz....and since it is a midbass driver, I figured would want to stay in that frequency range but crossover at 63 or 80hz to the 250hz mark.

And I do appreciate your comments, I was not conveying what I said in a smartass way just to clarify, but honestly one of asking for knowledge. There are so many tricks and tips that it is bewildering at times.
You are correct

·
Registered
749 Posts

Interesting that midbass is such a wide area. It is indeed correct.

But.

Kick drum right around 120 hertz. As is chest cavity resonance. 117 hertz for most sized people.

What most people consider low bass is around 50 to 60 hertz.

Just played damn loud with many louder higher harmonics.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts

Give it a shot and find out. Experimentation is a big part of this hobby.

Just because the "midbass" frequency is defined as 50-250hz doesn't mean that a "midbass" speaker cannot play out of that frequency range. Sure in a perfect setup the midbass does not have to play above 250hz. What dictates the LP filter for the midbass is the ability of the midrange to play down to a certain frequency **without distortion**.

I personally wouldn't depend on a 2.7" speaker to be able to cover 250hz with any appreciable volume and without distortion.

Even DDfusion said:

They are only good for 400hz and up
And this is in a perfect situation, not in a small pod.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Give it a shot and find out. Experimentation is a big part of this hobby.

Just because the "midbass" frequency is defined as 50-250hz doesn't mean that a "midbass" speaker cannot play out of that frequency range. Sure in a perfect setup the midbass does not have to play above 250hz. What dictates the LP filter for the midbass is the ability of the midrange to play down to a certain frequency **without distortion**.

I personally wouldn't depend on a 2.7" speaker to be able to cover 250hz with any appreciable volume and without distortion.

Even DDfusion said:

And this is in a perfect situation, not in a small pod.
400hz in a small pod. IB they will play 240 up.

·
Registered
256 Posts
How to these pods work if your tweets don't have any screw holes? Do they just press-fit? Interested in getting a pair for my MT-23s

·
Registered
153 Posts
I know this is discussed allot for the L3's in this forum and there is a general concern for the size and the crossover point, but can anyone inform me if the Pods for the Focal Utopia Mids 3" (3W2BE) would work in his enclosures? Crossover point is 400hz with a -24db slope and the Focals have a FS 188hz.

201 - 220 of 274 Posts