DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 274 Posts

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
emailed him to see if he could do a set for my GZUF-60SQ's.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for this post!

Just ordered a set for my SCANSPEAK R3004/6020-10 tweeters.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
How's the sound? No resonances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Having some language issues. Trying to get him to say "yes, I can make some for your 60SQ's that will work with the existing grills".

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
He asked for a deposit. OK, no problem. Send me a paypal invoice. Crickets.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ordered a set for L3SE's last night. Quick response from him via email. Can't beat the price vs fab'n some A pillars.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
as good as they look and considering he can make them for specific tweeters I think this is a bargain!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I also got a quick response from him with info and price. I just wonder if vibrations will be an issue with them attached on an arm like that, especially on these North Alabama roads.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Thought same thing. Gonna choke the mids, should still be fine e for tweets.

But at what point? If I'm only running down to 350-400 hz, how bad could it affect them? I've read .1 cu ft is plenty for most. Btw, I'll be using arc black 4.0 and 1.0. Don't judge, I got em in a good trade.

·
Registered
61 Posts
But at what point? If I'm only running down to 350-400 hz, how bad could it affect them? I've read .1 cu ft is plenty for most. Btw, I'll be using arc black 4.0 and 1.0. Don't judge, I got em in a good trade.
Not judging, but drivers need airspace. Ie, the scan 10f needs 1 to 2l, this is not a good application.

If you choke a driver, that's the exact range I'd expect you couldn't fix with eq.

Try it, goto home depot, buy a 3 or 4 inch cap in the plumbing section. Throw a driver in there that needs airspace. Measure fs. Remove driver and take fs .

I don't know the characteristics of the drivers you are using unfort. - EDIT, arc 4.0 are rebadged SB acoustics (search on this forum)

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-4-midrange/sb-acoustics-sb12nrxf25-4-4-midrange-4-ohm/

No print on needed airspace. If you can't rta on the lower end, perhaps that'd tell you. These guys that can read and interpret the vas values might be able to help...

I've emailed myself to see if he can accommodate a set of tweet pods. These look fantatic.

21 - 40 of 274 Posts