DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi--mike always worked before when I hit bluetooth phone logo and microphone to pick up name of person in contacts. The microphone still works for the call but no longer works to get the contact, which means I have to make a call on cell phone and then speak on car speaker. Can anyone solve this mystery? I have an android phone which worked perfectly for 2 years. Many thanks for your help.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have been using a Pioneer AVH-4400NEX with Pixel phones for a couple years, and I have to be honest - Android Auto has been 20-70% reliable for me. It's just a crapshow that is actually pretty dang cool when it works. Is that an excuse for it not doing what you expect it will do? No. But the technology is just not ready yet in my experience. I wish I could help, but I just have had mine operate so weird and unreliably day-to-day and month-to-month that I don't know how much you can expect. And I have worked professionally in IT/Security for about 20 years, so I get paid to make technology work (not that it actually happens 100%)

Having said all that, you can certainly try a factory reset and perform a firmware upgrade if you haven't yet (dated Nov 22 2019):

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts