DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this unit works great,but needs the rca plug and the wire harness.It has built in navi,tv\dvd,cd,touch screen 7''wide,ect.on ebay the plugs are around $75 or so.I am sure you can get them on here cheaper.$300 shipped obo.
if someone has the plugs I will love to buy them?lmk,thanks

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
IIRC, the N2 brain will not work with the N1 head. I could swear I had some customers trying to do that for obvious reasons...

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IIRC, the N2 brain will not work with the N1 head. I could swear I had some customers trying to do that for obvious reasons...
IIRC?I don't know what this means,but I think it is some sort of insult?an these obvious reasons you are speakin of?If you think that I am a theif?I am not!
This was in my brothers car and when he sold it he only removed the head unit it self.He dodn't know anything about car audio.I installed it for him.I bought the N2 brain and wires from a guy localy for $100.
So now that I explained my self to you!and anyone else that might have thought that I was a theif.
thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IIRC is If I Remember Correctly, chill out
I am sorry.It seems like everything I post or here someone is bashing me.I have been called a theif 2 times tonight.I found this on the web,and the brain will work.that was posted on a site.I found about 5 others like that one that said it would work.thanks for the help.and sry again.

I was hoping someone could help me with a problem I'm having. I have a N1 and I reflashed it to the 40 disk so I could view the DVD/Nav while driving. After I did this I can no longer hear the radio or the Sirius coming off the IP bus input. I thought maybe it was the brain unit, but I just bought a N2 and used the N1 brain unit and everything works fine. So now I realize it had something to do with the flash. Hopefully this is an easy fix. By the way everything on the N1 seems to be working fine except the inputs coming off the brain( I haven't tried A rear Cam or anything, just the antenna and the IP bus input). Any suggestions and or solutions I may not be aware off? Thanks in advance.

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
IIRC?I don't know what this means,but I think it is some sort of insult?an these obvious reasons you are speakin of?If you think that I am a theif?I am not!
This was in my brothers car and when he sold it he only removed the head unit it self.He dodn't know anything about car audio.I installed it for him.I bought the N2 brain and wires from a guy localy for $100.
So now that I explained my self to you!and anyone else that might have thought that I was a theif.
thanks for the info.
Whoa! I was not trying to imply that you were a theif. I was simply stating that from my memory, the N1 and N2 were not compatable for swapping parts. Maybe i'm wrong, but I had sold those for quite a while, and I seem to remember a few customers having someone steal the main screen from them, and when they tried to replace it with an N2 head, it did not work with the N1 brain. If i'm wrong, then I apologize. It seemed to me that you hadn't tried it since you said you didn't have the cables, so I thought I was doing you a favor by pointing it out before you sold it untested... if you've tried it, and it works fine, proceed.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whoa! I was not trying to imply that you were a theif. I was simply stating that from my memory, the N1 and N2 were not compatable for swapping parts. Maybe i'm wrong, but I had sold those for quite a while, and I seem to remember a few customers having someone steal the main screen from them, and when they tried to replace it with an N2 head, it did not work with the N1 brain. If i'm wrong, then I apologize. It seemed to me that you hadn't tried it since you said you didn't have the cables, so I thought I was doing you a favor by pointing it out before you sold it untested... if you've tried it, and it works fine, proceed.
I am sorry about the confusion.thanks for the input.
from what I understand the n1 hu will work with the n2 brain.the n2 hu will not with the n1 brain.if you have a lower model hu it will work with the higher brain.you will not get the features of the upgraded brain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts