DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP. I love the unit, but being a refurb, it has been acting up for quite some time.

What draws me to the Pioneer? In my prior experience, with Alpine, Kenwood, etc... I experienced great sound clarity and low noise from the Pioneer. Once I learned the menu system it was very easy, and the overall appearance of the unit and clarity of the display sealed the deal.

It would be nice to be able to interface this unit with my iPod NANO Gen 4.

- What would I need to interface my iPod NANO & charge the battery? I see there is an accessory, Pioneer IPOD Adapter CD-IB100II. Will this charge my iPod Nano also? There website link for this item does not currently work (dead link).

Or maybe there is a better option, different head unit to fit my needs?

Thanks In Advance!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I have a DEH-P880PRS (refurb - so far no probs) with the Pio ipod adapter. The ipod adapter will recharge your ipod and allow you to play the ipod thru your Pio HU. If you like the Pioneers, get an 880 or 800. I find they are very easy to use and much better than comparable Alpine units. Another one you might consider is the Clarion 785USB which has been talked about elsewhere at length.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The P880PRS is a lot better than your current HU.
Re. the IB100II - I'm not familiar w/ it since I use a scosche adapter. More convenient for me. HTH

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'll add one more experience with the 880PRS - it's a fantastic radio, and I like it almost as much as I loved my Pioneer Premier 940MP, from back a few years ago. The sound quality is awesome out of the Premier line :)

With the 880, and IIRC, the 800, you'll need the CDIB100II that you mentioned earlier. It charges the iPod, and allows you to just fiddle with the controls on the deck to change songs, etc. Good stuff!

-John

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll add one more experience with the 880PRS - it's a fantastic radio, and I like it almost as much as I loved my Pioneer Premier 940MP, from back a few years ago. The sound quality is awesome out of the Premier line :)

With the 880, and IIRC, the 800, you'll need the CDIB100II that you mentioned earlier. It charges the iPod, and allows you to just fiddle with the controls on the deck to change songs, etc. Good stuff!

-John

Thanks for the response. The first Pioneer I ever bought was the 940MP, and I LOVE it. Only thing that wore me out was the access time while playing mp3's off of a data disk loaded with mp3's.

What iPod are you using with your 880? I have a 4G Nano and "hope" that it charges it also.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have the 880 and CD-IB100II. It DOES NOT charge some of the latest generation ipods. It does my 5th Gen Video and 3rd Gen nano, but not my 2nd Gen Touch!?!?

Maybe someone knows how to get past this??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the response. The first Pioneer I ever bought was the 940MP, and I LOVE it. Only thing that wore me out was the access time while playing mp3's off of a data disk loaded with mp3's.

What iPod are you using with your 880? I have a 4G Nano and "hope" that it charges it also.
Yeah, the only reason I had to replace my 940 with the 880 was because I traded in the car with the 940 in it, and didn't have the stock radio :( But the 880 is good too :)

As for the iPods, I currently use a 2g iPhone, 30gb iPod video, and a 4th gen iPod nano (the ones with the funky colors, right?) They all seem to work fine... I have 2 cars, and I know they work with the Pioneer DEH-P6000UB I have in my Civic, and I know that at least the iPhone and 30gb iPod video work in the car with the 880 just fine. I'm pretty sure I used the nano with the 880 and it worked fine, but I'll have to double-check once the weather gets nice enough for me to pull my car out of the garage :)

-John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts