DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchase a P9 combo and got it up and running last night. The problem I am experiencing is that the CD skips at any volume, regardless as to whether the unit is cold or hot.

Is there anything I can do to try to fix this? Could the lens be dirty...can I use a cleaner disc in this unit? Is this a common issues with this unit? I am trying to do a little research before I send the unit out to get fixed.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
I recently purchase a P9 combo and got it up and running last night. The problem I am experiencing is that the CD skips at any volume, regardless as to whether the unit is cold or hot.

Is there anything I can do to try to fix this? Could the lens be dirty...can I use a cleaner disc in this unit? Is this a common issues with this unit? I am trying to do a little research before I send the unit out to get fixed.
you can try one of those CD cleaner CDs. just make sure you use the liquid that comes with it or you will do more harm than good.

also, makes sure it is very securely installed. if it is not secure then it will bounce around and skip. it is not bass related skips is it?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you can try one of those CD cleaner CDs. just make sure you use the liquid that comes with it or you will do more harm than good.

also, makes sure it is very securely installed. if it is not secure then it will bounce around and skip. it is not bass related skips is it?
No, the unit is skipping at any volume and is not bass related. I just came across this thread so this might be a resolution...

Buwalda Hybrids International Bulletin Board • View topic - Pioneer P9 problems, possibly laser pickup assembly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts