DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend bought a pioneer EQ but the problem is it doesnt have RCA inputs i can see the pair of wires that go to the speakers and the remote,power and ground what i dont know is the black green and grey wires in the middle can anyone help me? any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
The days before rca connectors.

One set is output with 25w of power (max?). One set is input via low powered deck with a common ground? Eek.. I hope your friend didn't pay too much for it. You can get a low end indash from walmart for under $50.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The days before rca connectors.

One set is output with 25w of power (max?). One set is input via low powered deck with a common ground? Eek.. I hope your friend didn't pay too much for it. You can get a low end indash from walmart for under $50.
Have any idea which color is which?

·
Registered
163 Posts
The best my memory of these serves is solid red should be 12v constant, it's corresponding black should be chassis ground. Red w/ white stripe should be acc from h/u, blue is pwr. ant. from h/u, the gray/green/black should be l/r/common ground from the h/u. The remaining pairs of gray and green should be the l/r speaker outputs with the black stripes being neg. connections. Doesn't matter which color is used for which channel so long as the input and ouputs correspond.

I can't guarantee that's spot on though. I would test it with some expendable speakers to start if you have some.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Old school high level input EQ. I remember these. The description above sounds right. The red/white may be illumination?

Chuck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts