DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a heads up and I'm not expecting any result from it. Just awareness. The ODR system I had in my Vette has been stolen. Normally, this sounds pretty common. But on further looking. Whoever did the theft knew what they were doing and what they wanted. The series iii head unit and processor and remote was gone. All other equipment remained in the car and the car itself was not damaged. This was done in broad daylight in a secured parking garage with 2 alarms on the car. So if you see someone wanting to give you a smoking deal on ODR and they don't have the necessary cables..... Well there ya have it.

I placed this in here since the readership understands the quality of these components more than anywhere else. There are no plans at this time for a rebuild...

·
Registered
876 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss!

Hopefully they'll turn up somewhere soon!

It would probably help if you could provide serial numbers.

Edit: You may want to post this up in the classifieds section btw:

·
Banned
342 Posts
Someone who know you did this.
Sucks sorry to hear that

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It happens. It's life. Time to move on to something bigger and better. I still have my ODR subs and PRS's in the car. So not all is lost.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
might want to take your city out of your sig....just sayin

sorry to hear about what happened....I hope you recover it

·
Registered
302 Posts
I had some Linear Power amps stolen, and ended up outsmarting the thief on eBay, and recovering them both through the Police.

Keep an eye out.

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
George, I am sorry to hear that news man. Is this the kind of thing you should report to the police? You never know what they might come across.

·
Registered
52 Posts
They did know what they were doing and they stole the HU and the other parts required for a ODR to work on another installation... it does sound like an inside job, this same situation got me out of car audio for over a decade listening to factory radio swill... I hope you deal with it better than i did (pretty sure mine was stolen by a friend)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts