DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pioneer Amp - GM-X922 - Class A - NICE Condition

Last night I lucked into one of my dream amps, a Hifonics Zeus VIII in the original box. As a result, I am now letting this very capable Pioneer amplifier go.

I ran this amp on the Kenwood Excelon front stage components in my 2005 Elantra system. It had no trouble at all keeping up with a Linear Power 2202 running a CV Vega 154.

Interestingly, the amp is labeled 'Class A'. It's very clean inside and out, and I never had it do anything but perform as expected. Cosmetically, I'd give it a stong 8 to 8.5 out of 10, with most of the tiny blems on the bottom of the heatsink and cover. It looks very very nice mounted.

Specs (with only 12 Volts):

100 Watts x2 Channels, 20-20,000 Hz, 0.04% THD
300 Watts Bridged Mono, 20-20,000 Hz, 0.4% THD
Input Level - 400mV to 6.5V
(2) 30-Amp fuses
Dual cooling fans
Variable Bass Boost
Integral adjustable low-pass crossover
RCA Inputs and Passthrough outputs

This is a great sounding and very powerful amp for the money. The last one I saw sell on evilBay went for around $146 plus shipping.

Let's start off at $140 delivered ConUS. You'll wait awhile before you see another one of these this nice. Local pickup/viewing in the Denver area is fine.

Send me some PM's!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hmm not sure how a Class A amp can be so small at that power rating. Not questioning just something I was thinking about. Generally you get a 50 watt Class A amp and it needs huge heat sinks :) Looks nice though.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hmm not sure how a Class A amp can be so small at that power rating. Not questioning just something I was thinking about. Generally you get a 50 watt Class A amp and it needs huge heat sinks :) Looks nice though.
thats why it has fans to keep her nice n' :cool:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably on the order of 120-125 watts per channel. I recall that the mono rating I used to see published on the web for this amp was 360x1 into 4 ohms. I'd assume that is the 14 volt specification since the amp sticker says 300x1 at 12 volts.

I don't ever recall hearing clipping or audible distortion out of this amp before I had to turn things down, so for me at least it was all the power I needed.

Even has a cool blue power LED! :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It really is sharp. If not for finding the Hifonics Zeus to go with my Olympus, I had no plans to get rid of it. I'm willing to negotiate on price to a degree in order to find it a good home.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not really, er, hmmm, depends <lol>.

I have what I need at the moment, but I'm not opposed to interesting trades whole or part.

Some things I am looking for:

-Rockford OEQ1 or comparable eqs/processors
-Behringer ECM8000 Measurement Mic in new condition
-2 Farad or larger cap in decent shape
-A working auto body stud gun (spot welder for pulling dents in sheet metal)
-Decent SQ or SQL 8" or 10" sub drivers (I already have JL 8W7/CV Vega 84/ED -110v2/Oz Matrix Elite 10/Infinity Kappa 10/Alumapro Alusion 10/Original Rockford Punch Pro 10's so something else)
-Tweeters to work with Mpyre XBL or Kicker Resolution 6.5 mids
-LVLP (Low Volume Low Pressure) spray gun or HVLP turbine system

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not really, er, hmmm, depends <lol>.

I have what I need at the moment, but I'm not opposed to interesting trades whole or part.

Some things I am looking for:

-Rockford OEQ1 or comparable eqs/processors
-Behringer ECM8000 Measurement Mic in new condition
-2 Farad or larger cap in decent shape
-A working auto body stud gun (spot welder for pulling dents in sheet metal)
-Decent SQ or SQL 8" or 10" sub drivers (I already have JL 8W7/CV Vega 84/ED -110v2/Oz Matrix Elite 10/Infinity Kappa 10/Alumapro Alusion 10/Original Rockford Punch Pro 10's so something else)
-Tweeters to work with Mpyre XBL or Kicker Resolution 6.5 mids
-LVLP (Low Volume Low Pressure) spray gun or HVLP turbine system
Lol, that's a very appropriate audio nut's response.

Well, the only things I have that come close would be a pair of NEO8 PDR's or an Eclipse 8808 8" BNIB but I'm not exactly comfortable letting go of the Eclipse due to an issue with excess glue on the spider causing coil rub at high excursion. I mostly hang on to it as a collector's piece.

I'm waiting on some funds so hopefully they'll arrive in time.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I have a rockford fosgate 2 farad digital hybrid cap. I had it in my car for about 6 months. Very good condition. The only issues are the rear of the cap sticker scratched off because of the holders, that came with it, were tight on the cap. I also have a RF 1 farad digital cap. I'll take pics if you want and send em to you. Let me know!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pix of the 2 farad cap, please. What are the recommended enclosures for the HP10 sub? I have a WT3 to run params but I'm curious what the factory recommends out of the box.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Ok so one is a 2 farad cap, rockford fosgate, and the other is a 1 farad cap, again rockford fosgate. The second one I bought off ebay and I received it missing one bracket to screw down. I've never hooked it up, and I received it in the original package. It was cut up, as if it had been installed but no damage on the actuall cap. The other was installed in my car, the 2 farad, and I didn't have any problems with it. I have both brackets, and the cover, as well as the charging chip. I also have the instructions for it.

Here are the pics.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As much as I am considering the sub trade (have a 225HCCA I just rebuilt that would probably get it moving at 1 ohm mono and a couple 280GX's to round out that system as well) I can really use the cap more at this point. If for some reason I don't do a deal on the cap then I will be in touch regarding the 10.

Scooter99 please give me a PM and let me know what you think the cap is worth. I do have 1 Farad and .5 Farad caps right now, but with the Zeus running 8 ohms mono at 600x1 and the Olympus running at 360x2 on the components up front a 2 Farad unit will save space and serve me better.

I'm not sure I think that the cap is an even trade for the amp (I paid $30 delivered for my 1 Farad Phoenix Gold) but it's not that far off either, my guess is that we can work something out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If the trades don't pan out with these fine gentlemen, I have $110 ready for you.

I apologize if that's lower than you had in mind. It's all I can spare. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts