DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used them?

Any opinions?

I have eclipse 3 ways currently running passive. Thinking of dropping them for the Pioneers active

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
....I searched and read ONE persons review that actually used them. And sifted through a ton of FS posts.

I didn't ask "Will these give me mad sqs capn"

I asked if anyone had any experience with them and what they thought.

I'm an SPL world champ and trying to cross over into something I can enjoy everyday...god fucking forbid someone asks a question? If I wanted a smartass answer I'd have asked someone from ca.com I guess I thought this place was a little more mature?

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first one was a 3 way set I found when I searched also.

I read the 2nd and 3rd ones when I was searching though.

Guess I'm done posting on here. Guess if I have anything worth asking I can just search google

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
first one was a 3 way set I found when I searched also.

I read the 2nd and 3rd ones when I was searching though.

Guess I'm done posting on here. Guess if I have anything worth asking I can just search google
Don't worry man. If you want to ask questions on here and stick around, you'll get harrassed by some of the guys. I'm wearing a flame retardant suit at all times in the forum. You can't let these guys bother you or you'll end up quitting.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ignore the assholes, there are lots of knowledgable and patient people on this site. Unfortunately, there are som that think they are sound gods and can't be bothered with a simple question. I always wondered why they would take the time to flame you when simply ignoring you is a more efficient use of their time.

Unless they have a LOT of time on their hands......

I have never seen flames from guys like Chad, Andy Wehmyer, the Alpine demo car guru (can't recall name sorry) among several others.... you know guys that actually know WTF they are talking about and don't need to prove it.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Or maybe because their reputations on here are tied to their livelihoods. Mine isn't, and I can call it as I see it.

If the OP had actually read up on all that there is to read about the 720PRS, he could have asked a much more intelligent question about them than "Anyone used them? Any opinions?" which is fucking RETARDED.

Want to be spoonfed, fine. Here's the answer:

Anyone used them? Yes.
Any opinions? Good midbass.

Whoopty fuckin doo.

·
(((((((In Stereo)))))))
1,326 Posts
DCarter, don't be so quick to judge. Tspence needs containment. He asks stupid questions (yes, there is such thing), gets finely detailed answers and expert opinions, and then bites the hand that feeds. He's also known to ask for things that are answered in the first couple lines of google search results -undeserving of help.

He must be policed, as it's inhumane to pointlessly disrespect and frustrate well meaning individuals to the point of anger.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
first one was a 3 way set I found when I searched also. I read the 2nd and 3rd ones when I was searching though.
What can I tell you about the PRS speakers? What are your Eclipse speakers lacking?

I am the one that posted a review on the 720PRS with the 4" 101PRS mid added....the 3-way. Right off the bat I will tell you that for the $235 shipped ebay/net price that these cost, there is no other car audio speaker that I would even think of looking at. You won't find better build and quality for the price. Cast, baskets, high tech cones, imitation suede surrounds, copper in the motor, etc, etc.... And to top it off they sound good. Midrange detail is a cross between a metal cone and a paper cone...not too sterile and not too warm. And yes...Midbass is THERE! Tweets are smooth with detail. Anyone looking to buy a set off the shelf for $200 and have no plans to put together a DIY set should run the Pioneers.

I know this set has been talked about to death and sometimes in car audio a good thing starts to get bad press once it gets too popular (JL Audio:D) but it really does not get much better than this at the given internet price. I am sure that is why some responded the way that they did because there is TONS of talk about these on this forum.

If you want more detailed response to specific questions...ask away. There are many good guys on this forum that like to help others...even though it has changed some and may not be quite the same as it was years ago. However, it does help if you could ask more specific question and not ask basic general questions..The general consensus is that these are good drivers....They are worth a listen GO CHECK THEM OUT! ;)

Here is a major publication review if you missed it:
http://www.caraudiomag.com/testreports/0612_caep_pioneer_premier_ts_c720prs/index.html

·
Registered
606 Posts
A little (read tiny) research found that "TeamSubGoPoof" has been banned from another site, with a number of very colourful comments about his character. No loss.

Oh, Icehole - awesome quote!:D:D:D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Icehole - I don't know the guy and haven't seen this behavior as this is the only audio forum I frequent. I just don't understand why people can't just ignore posts, but have to jump in and flame away. Ignore idiots and they tend to go away.

For an example of a good response, see WLDock. If anybody should be irritated by someone not searching and finding his review, it would be him.

·
(((((((In Stereo)))))))
1,326 Posts
Icehole - I don't know the guy and haven't seen this behavior as this is the only audio forum I frequent. I just don't understand why people can't just ignore posts, but have to jump in and flame away. Ignore idiots and they tend to go away.

He doesn't go away, and in his above post he prides his persistence.

Here's one analogy of tspence:

He comes here hungry looking for fish. People give him fish, he says they're not the kind he's looking for. People try to teach him to fish, he tells them not to put your line in the water, put it in your ass. People tell him that's not how you fish, and he goes on some rant about how it is, because that's what HE interpreted from reading fishing literature, which said nothing of the sort (and btw he's read more about fishing than you). Then he starts demanding fish that he can easily get himself. Occasionally he'll offer his line in the ass angling techniques to others (see the dialogue we just had in the dmm clipping thread).

Why can't you just ignore it? For one, this is an online forum, and there's no telling who could be silently reading and might take his advice if he goes unchecked. And the other I outlined above, Chad and A. Weyheyer(sp) are no exceptions.

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
He doesn't go away, and in his above post he prides his persistence.

Here's one analogy of tspence:

He comes here hungry looking for fish. People give him fish, he says they're not the kind he's looking for. People try to teach him to fish, he tells them not to put your line in the water, put it in your ass. People tell him that's not how you fish, and he goes on some rant about how it is, because that's what HE interpreted from reading fishing literature, which said nothing of the sort (and btw he's read more about fishing than you). Then he starts demanding fish that he can easily get himself. Occasionally he'll offer his line in the ass angling techniques to others (see the dialogue we just had in the dmm clipping thread).

Why can't you just ignore it? For one, this is an online forum, and there's no telling who could be silently reading and might take his advice if he goes unchecked. And the other I outlined above, Chad and A. Weyheyer(sp) are no exceptions.
Go ahead and read the DMM thread. I put solid facts in there. I qualified my statements accurately only to have people come in and tell me that I didn't take something into account when I clearly stated that same exception when I qualified my statement. It's beyond "keeping someone policed". It's about a popularity contest with some. If you are not liked, you can state facts and give good advice then turn around and have Icehole making up things to pick about, even when you've already addressed that concern. So, there ya go.

·
(((((((In Stereo)))))))
1,326 Posts
I qualified my statements accurately only to have people come in and tell me that I didn't take something into account when I clearly stated that same exception when I qualified my statement.
You didn't qualify a damn thing. -You made YOUR tiny pointless argument that applies to YOUR unique situation, despite the fact that it WASN'T YOUR thread.

You argued the validity of safe (an opinion), inaccurate numbers that would take a waste of time to calculate. -As good as putting your thumb up your ass for anyone who isn't afraid of their own ears or afraid to blow their budget speakers, because they're too afraid to learn from experience.

Saddest part is that you frustrated a number of individuals who made an effort to teach you something, you obviously didn't learn anything, and you'll do it all again soon enough.

·
Registered
555 Posts
It's beyond "keeping someone policed". It's about a popularity contest with some. If you are not liked, you can state facts and give good advice then turn around and have Icehole making up things to pick about, even when you've already addressed that concern. So, there ya go.
O SNAP

1 - 20 of 21 Posts