DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my older Kenwood that just died with a newer DoubleDin unit. Originally I planned to do a carputer, but decided to put it off since I'm going to be selling the truck pretty soon anyway.

I have 2 sets of 6.5 and 2 12's in the back. Each 6.5" set and the 12's have their own amp. Not looking for anything too fancy as the stereo will be sold with the truck.

Looking to spend around $300 and found the Pioneer SPH-DA100 and Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD, both seem like they are more than enough and both got pretty good reviews. Never owned a fancy DD unit so not sure what models are any good. Anyone have any feedback for both or either unit? I mean for $300 what used unit would you get?

·
Registered
699 Posts
The 4200 as they are really nice for the price. while the app radio I find to be really nice... the lack of quality rcas i find to be a deal breaker. That and it needs time to mature and get more apps. I think by the time appradio 3 gets here it will be nice.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Go with the one that looks best in your dash....they both seem very comparable features-wise.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I realized that the app radio wouldn't allow you to use almost any of the apps while the car is driving so basically 90% of the radio is useless unless your parked. I also realized it would be hard hooking up that app radio to 3 amps where the 4200 shouldn't have any problems.

I got a new in open box for around $300 so I will be installing it in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I realized that the app radio wouldn't allow you to use almost any of the apps while the car is driving so basically 90% of the radio is useless unless your parked. I also realized it would be hard hooking up that app radio to 3 amps where the 4200 shouldn't have any problems.

I got a new in open box for around $300 so I will be installing it in a couple of weeks.
I'm sure it should be possible to bypass the "no video while" moving thing? Probably just a parking brake signal?

I have one of these on the way so being only 10% useful while moving does not sound good. :confused:

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Except that the 4200 plays dvd's, has 4v 6ch out and an 8 band eq vs being a media reciever with 2v 4ch out and a 5 band eq.

That would make the decision for me..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts