DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pioneer NEX-1400 HU suddenly stopped sending signal from the left/red pre-outs about 3-4 months ago.

I bought it from Crutchfield in Jan2021 and it has a 1 year Warranty.

I have emailed Pioneer 3 times inquiring about Warranty and I haven’t received any responses. The only reason I haven’t pushed the issue harder is because I’m rebuilding my engine, so the car has been out of comish for about 2-3 month.

I think going through Crutchfield is my only hope at this point.

What should I do about Pioneer not holding up its end?

Also, how do warranty registration forms work? Is that something you must fill out right as you receive the product? I registered the HU but not right away

Thanks

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
A lot of car audio companies outsource their warranties. Often you have to go through their local authorized repair center and they'll process it for warranty, sort of like a car. That means taking the radio out, sending it to them, waiting, probably paying a diag ostic fee that might be waived... All that crap.

Definitely call Crutchfield, but if it wasn't a particularly expensive radio, you might be better off in the long run just buying a new radio.

Reactions: Coppertone

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, as FAUEE suggested call Crutchfield. They actually have their own repair center there in Va. They will repair any manufacturer defects on site as they take care of Pioneer’s car audio manufacturers warranty for Pioneer. All you have to do is send the radio to them and once repaired they even pay to shipping back to you (call them for a Repair Authorization before sending your radio). If you can’t get help (which I doubt) through Crutchfield. You can go onto United Radio in Syracuse NY website and fill out a repair form for factory car audio warranty repair. They are the country’s largest 12v repair center. They have top notch service too. Hope this is helpful!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Step 1

Step 2

Support for Pioneer products
Phone: 1-800-421-1404
Hours: Monday - Friday (10:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. EST)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts