DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning out my first active setup. Need some help as I am becoming extremely indecisive.

Option 1 (original plan): Alpine PXA-H800 running a set of Alpine Type X components I have laying around and upgrade drivers down the road

Option 2: Pioneer DEH-80PRS and upgrade my drivers OR use the Type X drivers

What I already have is:
Front Stage Amp: JL Audio HD600/4
Sub Amp: JL Audio 750/1
Sub: JL Audio 10W7AE going in a sealed enclosure

Keep in mind this is my first active setup and I have no idea what I am doing. Please help.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
what are you going to connect the PXA-H800 to? does it have RCA input or just Ai-net input?

·
Registered
524 Posts
P80 to the HD 600/4 to the Alpine mds and tweeters (ditching the passives) off the bandpass and the high pass from Pioneer.

P80 to the 750/1 to 10W7 using the low pass from the Pioneer. If all you want is 3 way active (tweeter, mids, sub), then you don't need the 800.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
The p-80 will be easier to dial in to give great sound. The H800 will take you much further than the p-80 in terms of sound quality, but it will take a lot more time to dial in, cause you're controlling a more variables.

If you're good with tuning I'd go with the H800. If I was in the learning phase, I'd cut my teeth on the p-80 and then move to the H800. That said, no matter how much time you devote to this hobby, one is always learning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts