DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

2101 - 2120 of 2803 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
you could make your own power supply that drops the voltage to that of the remote and run a wire to it and remove the battery. then it would be "hardwired". and you could put it anywhere you wanted.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Was hoping I could score something from another car with steering wheel controls and incorporate it in mines actually.
The way I drive, any cord attached to my wheel will be busted before im halfway to work lolz

Thanks tho, I will email pioneer.

Actually thought of that spl152db, might be a last resort. A cord with a jack so when I dont need it, detach and put away.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I just ordered one of these, to replace my Premier 980BT that's beginning to look a bit worn. Mostly because the 80PRS does USB natively (the 980BT requires an external i/f box that doesn't seem to work too well with WMA or MP3 files with a high bit-rate). Apart from the separate L/R eq (and I'd have much preferred separate front/rear EQ instead), the audio features seem identical to the 980BT. I hope the 80PRS sounds as good as, if not better than, the 980BT.

·
Registered
91 Posts
How about the ipad screen blanking when connected via USB... anyone figure out how to successfully control Pandora from the iPad without using bluetooth (using USB connection only)? I want reserve the bluetooth connection for calls via my phone.
Dont think its possible. I've tried it with my iPhone 4s and iPad mini, as soon as that USB port recognizes Pandora, the headunit takes over.

Thinking it might have wire/cable related, I tried a few things...
Pioneer 30-pin USB cable to Apple 30-to-Lightning connector, deck takes over
Apple 30-pin USB to Apple 30-to-Lighting connector, deck takes over
Apple Lightning connector direct to iPad mini, deck takes over

·
Premium Member
9,129 Posts
WannaBBurly is right. There is no getting around this right now, and I doubt there ever will be. I've tried a similar combination of cables with both the iPhone 4 and 5. You're just going to have to get used to controlling Pandora from the head unit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
im old skool.. and.. i would like to have a cd changer with my next cd player..

does this model have a cd changer capability?

..hell.. i dont know do they still make cd changers these days?

------
flipping the front plate down to remove and incert a cd after song or two gets annoying real quick.. and i still want to listen certain real cds and songs often, listening them in their original sound quality.. not in mp3. (mp3 cd memorycard stick and ipods.. they are convinient and neat way to have lot of music available for easy listening.. but sometimes i really want to "hear it all".. not packaged sound) so changer is kind of must in my next setup.

·
Registered
133 Posts
This unit plays .wav files, so you can save like 50 albums to a 32 or 64 gb sd card and play lossless audio without missing anything. s/n isn't quite as high or at least doesn't seem as loud as cd but there is no compression and that beats a 6 cd changer with a stick...

But anyway I think they would, there is an connection on the back for RCA in.

·
Registered
89 Posts
not in mp3. (mp3 cd memorycard stick and ipods.. they are convinient and neat way to have lot of music available for easy listening.. but sometimes i really want to "hear it all".. not packaged sound) so changer is kind of must in my next setup.
If you review more of this thread, you'll find info on supported file formats, such as wave and Apple Lossless, that are lossless digital audio formats and provide SQ equivalent to the original CD.

I originally used a HD with all of my music ripped in wave format, but recently converted everything over to Apple Lossless and use an iPod classic.

Will NEVER go back to carrying around CDs. The only time I'll hold a CD is on the way home to rip it :)

·
Premium Member
9,129 Posts
I think that SSD hard drives and SD cards are the new CD changer. As Jim HTP mentioned, you can have lossless formats ripped to a hard drive or SD card and have the same functionality and QUALITY as you had on your CD and a whole lot more of them. It does require some extra steps though and a computer vs just buying a CD and popping it in a changer.

·
Registered
514 Posts
WannaBBurly is right. There is no getting around this right now, and I doubt there ever will be. I've tried a similar combination of cables with both the iPhone 4 and 5. You're just going to have to get used to controlling Pandora from the head unit.
Well that sucks!

2101 - 2120 of 2803 Posts