DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

2181 - 2200 of 2803 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The manual states that if the internal amp is not being used, it is recommended to disable it to reduce noise. There's no issue using both, and it works as 07azhhr posted.
Sorry I should not have stated at the same time.

Like Sqnut posted it works but can add noise. Pioneer just recommend not using all the rca's and leaving the internal amp on if you are not using the speaker wires.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It would be the exact same as running the 4's and 6.5's off of a 4 channel amp. What ever you adjust/set for the mid channels will equally affect both the 4's and 6.5's. You would need to have some, external from the HU, way to cross between the 4's and the 6.5's. Then you run into TA issues since any TA applied to the mid channels will affect both of them. Level adjustments too could and most likely would be an issue as well.

For me I am running my 3's and my 8's off of my mid out rca's. I am feeding the mid channel rca's to two amps that have built in processing. So I am using the HU's mid out xo at 50hz for the HPF and 6.3k hz for the LPF. But my 3's are ony playing from 6.3k down to 200hz where the 8's take over and go down to 50hz. In order to separate them I am using each of their amps built in processing to cross them at 200hz in both directions. Since my 3's are in my pillars and my 8's are in my doors I have path length differnces bwteen the 3's and the 8's with the 3's being closer to me then the 8's. So I am using the 3" speakers amp to TA them to the 8's. Then any TA I make to the mid channels in the HU are applied to both the 3's and the 8's equally.
:eek: Cheers!! I need to read that a few more times and work out exactly whats being said!!! :)
(Still learning about this stuff) :blush::blush:

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Not really, still the best unit besides the p99rs

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
It really does keep getting better the longer i have mine. It's amazing that the things i hated in the beginning don't even matter anymore.
, Agreed, and I found the setting to get rid of the annoying beeps too.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
That was actually one thing that didn't bother me at all. I had an Eclipse 8454 before this and the menus especially the crossover section was a real pita with the Pioneer in the beginning. I zip around the menus now like I have had the hu for 10 yrs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is this thread dead? I will be installing the 80PRS this weekend. Ipad mini should also be in and paired with it by the end of the 3 day weekend. It works well (I tested it on my bench).

PRS will be in the glove box and mini in the dash.
Not for me it isn't :D
Just got mine yesterday, hope to install this weekend. In the process of reading through the thread for hints and tips...

Is that posted somewhere in this thread?

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
No, so far no one has been able to tell how, so here is my way.
Step 1, find some music you enjoy.
Step 2, turn the volume know up to at least 40
Step 3, enjoy not hearing any beeps!

·
Registered
76 Posts
So if I'm reading this right, I CAN run tweeters off the HU amp front/highs speaker wires, send signal to an outboard amp with the rear/mid pair of RCAs , and then send signal to an outboard amp using the sub/lows pair of RCAs to create a 6-channel stereo sytem with the HU and one 4 channel amp. I'd still be able to TA each of the 6 channels right?

·
Registered
133 Posts
So if I'm reading this right, I CAN run tweeters off the HU amp front/highs speaker wires, send signal to an outboard amp with the rear/mid pair of RCAs , and then send signal to an outboard amp using the sub/lows pair of RCAs to create a 6-channel stereo sytem with the HU and one 4 channel amp. I'd still be able to TA each of the 6 channels right?
No, you won't be able to T/a them all. and you will have a high likelihood of ground noise and signal interference from having the amp on

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
Correct. Except you would use the configuration is Front/Mid and Rear/High. So the Rear/High RCAs would not be used and the tweeters would be powered off of the head unit and the Front/Mid RCAs would send signal to an amp for your mids.

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
No, you won't be able to T/a them all. and you will have a high likelihood of ground noise and signal interference from having the amp on
Except there are people on here who have already done this. Not that I think it is the best way to go, but they reported having no issues.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ahhh OK. I thought you wouldn't be able to ta all channels with a mix of network and standard mode on

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
Ahhh OK. I thought you wouldn't be able to ta all channels with a mix of network and standard mode on
It is actually all in Network mode. It is just using a mix of on-board and outboard amplification. The preferred method, when possible, would be to turn off the on-board amp and use only outboard amplification.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
No, you won't be able to T/a them all.

The TA works regardless of rca or internal amp. When it has been stated to not work right is when one wants to power two sets of speakers using the SHARED internal amp and rca channels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All.

I bought a DEH 80PRS to replace my DEH P6000UB. The HU was fitted last weekend but the Bluetooth is faulty (error 10) so I've had to return it and so I'm currently waiting for a replacement. Initially it's being used in a very simple setup, 6.5" JVC co-axials and a 6.5" Bazooka tube. Hopefully the next one will be OK.

Steve.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that you can increase on decrease the intensity of the different EQ presets. Its either the rocker or volume knob I forget. Realized this the other day. Not that I use the presets but does add some flexibility I didnt think it had on the presets.

2181 - 2200 of 2803 Posts