DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

2221 - 2240 of 2803 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I will be installing my 80PRS, speakers and amp this Wednesday, but not the subwoofer. I plan to either connect my 5th channel to the factory 6x9 subwoofer with the gains set super low, or leave the sub disconnected altogether. If I set my crossovers for low,mid,high without a sub, is it safe to use the auto EQ? Will it add a ton of boost to the low frequencies and damage my mids trying to compensate for the lack of lows?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Also, you set the crossovers yourself so you could protect the mids that way. I don't think it'll boost the lows to the point of blowing the mids. Just try it. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got a few questions about this HU
First, does it support playlists of any sort from USB/SD Card? I have read the manual and it states it does not support m3u, however it does not state anything about other playlist formats.

If playing a playlist from iphone/ipod/usb, when you select random does it play random tunes from the playlist or does it play random tunes from the whole device?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Got a few questions about this HU
First, does it support playlists of any sort from USB/SD Card? I have read the manual and it states it does not support m3u, however it does not state anything about other playlist formats.
Just put the music in as folders, that's your playlist.

If playing a playlist from iphone/ipod/usb, when you select random does it play random tunes from the playlist or does it play random tunes from the whole device?

Thanks guys
Either or, you can play a random playlist, random everything, random artist, random songs from a specific artist etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just put the music in as folders, that's your playlist.

Either or, you can play a random playlist, random everything, random artist, random songs from a specific artist etc.
Thanks for the reply,

The issue is that I have a folder structure of artists\albums (so that I can listen to particular albums/artists etc) and then different tunes in different playlists so having them all in 2 different locations seems a bit of a waste of space, particularly as I plan on using wav files (however iirc I have read that it does not support music from usb in any form over 320kbps?)

If it supports playlists then I dont have to worry about having tunes in 2 different locations, (Folder for playlist and then album\artist)

By Either or, I am assuming you mean that if I am playing from a playllist, It can play random songs from the playlist, or I can set it to play random songs in the playlist from an artist/album? Or I can also set it to play all tunes from an album/artist at random?

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Thanks for the reply,

The issue is that I have a folder structure of artists\albums (so that I can listen to particular albums/artists etc) and then different tunes in different playlists so having them all in 2 different locations seems a bit of a waste of space, particularly as I plan on using wav files (however iirc I have read that it does not support music from usb in any form over 320kbps?)

If it supports playlists then I dont have to worry about having tunes in 2 different locations, (Folder for playlist and then album\artist)
Ah I get it, sorry I'm not sure about that.

By Either or, I am assuming you mean that if I am playing from a playllist, It can play random songs from the playlist, or I can set it to play random songs in the playlist from an artist/album? Or I can also set it to play all tunes from an album/artist at random?

Thanks again
Yep!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've had the unit in my car for about a month and a half now and its pushing Focal KRX2's passive off the head unit amp ane let me tell you, it sounds GREAT! I ran time alignment and Auto EQ and it just sounds butter. I can't WAIT to hear what they sound like when I get the Mosconi 120.4 DSP amp pushing them active.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I installed this unit a couple of month ago in regular mode and it was pretty good. Infinity 2 way up front and jbl 2 way in the rear no sub. Last week I installed a ppi 900.5 with jbl ms-62 up front and alpine 8" enclosed sub on network mode and this thing rocks. It sounds awesome.

sent from my Galaxy S4

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is there a way to run the head unit without the EQ? I went through all the setting and could not find anything or if there is one. :blush:

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
Update on my alternator whine... Wrapping my RCA shields on the HU solved my alternator whine issue. I believe the pico popped when I stalled the car and restarted it because I remember hearing a loud CLICK sound upon restarting the car and that is when the alternator whine began.

The curse of Pioneer strikes me again... To think, I haven't used a Pioneer deck since the 1990s. If Alpine had something NEW that competed directly against the DEH-80POS, I'd rip the Pioneer out TODAY and buy the Alpine!

·
Registered
872 Posts
They do, 149BT if you have the PXA-H800 to go with it to do the three way setup. Easy Cheezy. Yeah I know you have to buy the add of DSP but it's better than the stand alone Pioneer anyway. Alpine found out that most of their customers want a cheap deck and the high end all in one decks are just a small market like a sports car in America. If you compare the 99prs cost to that combo it looks pretty sweet, plus you get a quality feel to the faceplate controls.

My opinion, don't bash me for a thought...we all have them

·
Premium Member
9,169 Posts
That is the key though, isn't it. Alpine doesn't offer anything now outside of a stand alone DSP. There have been plenty of us that have stated we would switch to Alpine in a heart beat if they offered a reasonably price head unit with DSP. The whole reason people pick up the DEH-80PRS is that it offers a DSP solution at a very low price. Alpine just isn't competing for that market right now. Maybe we'll get lucky in the new year and they'll surprise us.

·
Registered
872 Posts
That is the key though, isn't it. Alpine doesn't offer anything now outside of a stand alone DSP. There have been plenty of us that have stated we would switch to Alpine in a heart beat if they offered a reasonably price head unit with DSP. The whole reason people pick up the DEH-80PRS is that it offers a DSP solution at a very low price. Alpine just isn't competing for that market right now. Maybe we'll get lucky in the new year and they'll surprise us.
That would be awesome, maybe with Pioneer breaking ground with the 80prs Alpine will take note. I don't think it will be as inexpensive because the faceplate is so cheap on the Pioneer comparatively. Alpine gave up on the single DIN high end head unit because fewer American cars have a DIN slot anymore. Touch screen is the way to go now, that's why they came out with the uber expensive 8" model and direct fit kits.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
They do, 149BT if you have the PXA-H800 to go with it to do the three way setup. Easy Cheezy. Yeah I know you have to buy the add of DSP but it's better than the stand alone Pioneer anyway. Alpine found out that most of their customers want a cheap deck and the high end all in one decks are just a small market like a sports car in America. If you compare the 99prs cost to that combo it looks pretty sweet, plus you get a quality feel to the faceplate controls.

My opinion, don't bash me for a thought...we all have them
If I were to go that route, I'd just get something like the 3Sixty.3 then HU won't matter.;)

·
Premium Member
9,169 Posts
Pandora is controlled from the head unit when connecting an iOS device.

2221 - 2240 of 2803 Posts