DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1921 - 1940 of 2803 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Mic question - my Bluetooth sounds terrible to the person on the other end of a cell call. Mic is mounted in the same spot as my old Alpine (center dash under HU) had no issues with it. This 80PRS one is not good, everyone complains about it so I end up using 'hands on' vs hands free.

Thoughts?
I think the pioneer mic is very picky where it gets placed. I had mine in the pocket of my single DIN dash kit and it worked fine, then I put a piece of plastic over the pocket and have the mic coming out of a hole I drilled in it, and it does not work the same. It hasn't moved any closer or farther away, just has plastic around the base of it. Weird that it no longer works as good. I would just suggest you move it around to different spots and see if it improves. Do you have an old alpine mic around?, if the end is the same, see if it'll work for you.

·
Registered
287 Posts
ya i have figured out a few things, not having trouble with the network concept,,and bi amping will work, and i know db can be adjusted,,,the one thing i like about the idea of going passive is that the volume will increase and decrease in unison ... but how do i have perfect volume increases and decreases with out having to adjust the settings at different spots on the dial????

I have a really hard time understanding what it is you're saying in alot of your posts. Take below, What does this mean?

but how do i have perfect volume increases and decreases with out having to adjust the settings at different spots on the dial????

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think the pioneer mic is very picky where it gets placed. I had mine in the pocket of my single DIN dash kit and it worked fine, then I put a piece of plastic over the pocket and have the mic coming out of a hole I drilled in it, and it does not work the same. It hasn't moved any closer or farther away, just has plastic around the base of it. Weird that it no longer works as good. I would just suggest you move it around to different spots and see if it improves. Do you have an old alpine mic around?, if the end is the same, see if it'll work for you.
Thanks for the feedback.....Yes I do have the Alpine mic, sounds stupid but wasn't sure if a mic was a mic. I'll give the Alpine a shot once it gets a little warmer outside. The current mic works fine when you open a window, it immediately jumps up the volume to compensate.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.....Yes I do have the Alpine mic, sounds stupid but wasn't sure if a mic was a mic. I'll give the Alpine a shot once it gets a little warmer outside. The current mic works fine when you open a window, it immediately jumps up the volume to compensate.
No problem. Let me know how it works out. If it works good, I may do the same. I still plan to take my headliner down at some point, and try to wire the factory mic to work with my 80prs. I tried connecting a 2.5mm cable to the harness pins that I thought were the mics + /- , but it didn't work. Hopefully when I get my headliner down, I'll be able to figure it out, if not I'll just use a different mic, and mount it in the factory location. Good luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a really hard time understanding what it is you're saying in alot of your posts. Take below, What does this mean?

but how do i have perfect volume increases and decreases with out having to adjust the settings at different spots on the dial????
hence why i offered to supply my cell.... but if using two amps for the purpose of powering the woofers seperately from the tweet.. the volume from one amp will out pace the volume of the other, which is not a problem when running passive,,, i dont want to make adjustments for higher volume or lower, my questions is about rates, not every one can grasp that..

·
Registered
287 Posts
hence why i offered to supply my cell.... but if using two amps for the purpose of powering the woofers seperately from the tweet.. the volume from one amp will out pace the volume of the other, which is not a problem when running passive,,, i dont want to make adjustments for higher volume or lower, my questions is about rates, not every one can grasp that..
Your other post never mentioned anything about dual amps, so to most it wouldn't have made much sense. I thought we were talking about the 80prs, which is what this thread is all about.

If you are going to use two amps to power your woofers and tweeters one isn't going to outpace another. As long as you set your amps gains & crossovers properly, the volume will be adjusted by the HU. The head unit will adjust the level of every speaker in your system, so one tweeter may be at -2dbs, while the other tweeter may be at -5dbs, but as long as your amps are set up properly, neither amp will outpace another. I don't know what you are referring to about rates?? Do you mean gains?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
52 Posts
Your other post never mentioned anything about dual amps, so to most it wouldn't have made much sense. I thought we were talking about the 80prs, which is what this thread is all about.

If you are going to use two amps to power your woofers and tweeters one isn't going to outpace another. As long as you set your amps gains & crossovers properly, the volume will be adjusted by the HU. The head unit will adjust the level of every speaker in your system, so one tweeter may be at -2dbs, while the other tweeter may be at -5dbs, but as long as your amps are set up properly, neither amp will outpace another. I don't know what you are referring to about rates?? Do you mean gains?

ya mentioned it in first post
wanted to understand the relationship of diferent amp powers, sensitivity, gain and the decibal adjustment, on this specific unit...i can not see 25rms per chan powering a tweet at the same rate as 50watts would( increasing the volume as quik as 50watts would)...from the people i have talked to over the phone about it in more depth.. i can say this...there is no difenative answer...once you go active its basicaly preference and tweaking

·
Premium Member
93 Posts

Go over this:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/how-articles-provided-our-members/33149-mini-tuning-guide-active-user.html

This linnk will help you a lot also:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/general-car-audio-discussion/86254-read-thread-answers-practically-all-your-questions.html

Many times we don't want to spend time reading, but it's the only way we can learn some new tricks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
ya mentioned it in first post
wanted to understand the relationship of diferent amp powers, sensitivity, gain and the decibal adjustment, on this specific unit...i can not see 25rms per chan powering a tweet at the same rate as 50watts would( increasing the volume as quik as 50watts would)...from the people i have talked to over the phone about it in more depth.. i can say this...there is no difenative answer...once you go active its basicaly preference and tweaking
You are going to have to set the level on all of your speakers, whether they get equal wattage or not. You can either do this by ear, use the auto eq mic, or even just guess.

I ran the auto eq and the 80prs set my levels like this: -4db on my tweeters, and -2 on my mids. I liked a little more tweeter, so I lowered the -4db to around -2db. Now my tweeters are louder than they were. If my tweeters were getting more power, the 80prs might have set them to -6db instead of -4, but it would not have mattered how many watts my tweeters were getting compared to the other speakers. The idea is to get them even in the sound stage, so if they get more or less watts, they just need to be adjusted to compensate. Once they are set correctly the volume will raise them all at the same time and evenly. Is this what mean?

·
Registered
133 Posts
i am going a little crazy here guys. Can anybody tell me which RCA channel goes to tweeter vs mid vs sub and right/left? Like a diagram of which rca output does what in network mode. I've looked through this frustrating pdf manual so many times but I can't see it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
i am going a little crazy here guys. Can anybody tell me which RCA channel goes to tweeter vs mid vs sub and right/left? Like a diagram of which rca output does what in network mode. I've looked through this frustrating pdf manual so many times but I can't see it.
It's on page 2 of the installation manual, I'm guessing you were looking at the operation manual?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/DEH-80PRS_InstallationManual020712.pdf

·
Registered
287 Posts
It basically goes from the top down. The top set of rca's are for the tweeter(highs), the middle set is for the mids, and the bottom set if for the sub. This is how it is in network mode., in standard mode the top rcas are for the rear speakers, and the middle is for the front speakers. The installation manual, rather than the operations manual, is a little better for the input descriptions and settings.

·
Registered
133 Posts
So without running auto TA or EQ, the prs seems to have automatically attentuated the tweeter to my right -3db , while leaving the one directly in front of me at 0. (this was with position at front left). When i switch position to front right it attentuates the driver's side which sounds right. Why? How can I separately eq right and left?

1921 - 1940 of 2803 Posts