DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bmw E46 coupe. I have a 2v alpine headunit with the RCAs running from behind the center console, pass the gearshift to the rear center and then under the carpet behind the drivers seat and finally under the rear seat on the drivers side terminating in the drivers side area in the trunk where the old stock amp used to be. Its connected to a rockford fosgate 3sixty.2 mounted in the old amp location. After the RF 3sixty the signal goes to my amps. Im getting an audiocontrol matrix to do 2 things: boost the low signal from my alpine into my 3sixty and get rid on any hiss/and altenator whine. I believe down the center is the best way to run the signal in my car, but can the signal pick up interference from any electrical switches, wiring looms on the way from the front to the back? Even though its a major pain in the ass, should i try to connect the matrix as close to the head unit so boosted signal is running the length of the RCA run?.
Sorry if this may seem a bit confusing...anyone have any experience in this area?
Thanks in advance,
Rob

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
If it's going to do any good for rejecting noise, than yeah it should be close to the head unit. If it's being used to lower the amp gains because of hiss it wouldn't matter where it was.

I don't see a line driver doing anything for alternator noise though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts