DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
The speaker adapter material is 1/4” ABS. I simply traced a Scosche adapter that I already had then used a hole saw for the speaker. Just so happened that the needed HAT hole dimension is the same exact dimension of a 3” hole saw.
I had just received my Mobile Solutions CA glue set so I used it to attach the baffles for now. The baffles will actually be sandwiched between the door and the adapters. View attachment 292819
I spend a substantial amount of cash with mobile solutions. Their CA glue is top notch!

Reactions: Eatmore Bacon

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Due to the way my door panels slide into position from top to bottom and not simply attach straight on I am using two rings per speaker. That way the inside ring will keep its shape better if the outside ring is pushed down a bit during the panel installation.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
The double rings worked like a charm although because the door shell speaker hole is canted I ended up shaving about 1/4” from the top radius of the two rings and it’s perfect.

·
Registered
2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab sport
840 Posts
Looking very nice!!👍

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
So I did the first door with two rings and it worked great but due to the speaker being so much smaller than the original stock speaker you can see the Dynamat so I am going with three rings now. Pics of each below.

·
Registered
2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab sport
840 Posts
Definitely better with 3 imo

·
Registered
560 Posts
I especially like the picture of the router sitting in the bed of a Ram while being used to fabricate speaker adapters for an F-150 :cool:

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I especially like the picture of the router sitting in the bed of a Ram while being used to fabricate speaker adapters for an F-150 :cool:
Haha, yeah. The Ram is my company truck. I can honestly say it’s been a great truck. 180,000 miles in 5 years and no hiccups.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Haha, yeah. The Ram is my company truck. I can honestly say it’s been a great truck. 180,000 miles in 5 years and no hiccups.
Every time I say something like that it comes back to bite me. Lol. You know, like transmission failure right after the factory warranty expires...some of those “go figure“ moments in life. 😁

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Every time I say something like that it comes back to bite me. Lol. You know, like transmission failure right after the factory warranty expires...some of those “go figure“ moments in life. 😁
I actually went to our local dealer to pick up my new company truck last Friday. Cranked it up and it had a loud ticking noise. That was a brand new Ram. Refused to take it until they fixed it. You just never know.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts