DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab sport
1,223 Posts
Very nice build brother! How you liking those HATS?

Reactions: Eatmore Bacon

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Very nice build brother! How you liking those HATS?
Thanks, Chris. Well, they look good. I have listened to the mid ranges that are in the doors but for me it’s hard to tell without listening to them as a group. Taking it in for the mid bass kicks and tweet sails tomorrow. At this rate I’m just ready to hear it so I will probably just have them tune the DSP and if I don’t like it I can play with it afterwards.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Some people install their remote in the small empty cubby hole below the 12V outlet. It’s a little awkward reaching down that far in my driving position so I chose to install the remote and indicator light next to the 12V outlet.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Awesome work Brad! Glad you got some time to work on your install. I know it’s probably been driving you crazy.

Reactions: Eatmore Bacon

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Awesome work Brad! Glad you got some time to work on your install. I know it’s probably been driving you crazy.
Thanks, Scott.
Thanks, Scott. Yes I can’t wait to hear it when it finally gets completed. I have enjoyed the journey though. Hats off to folks that do this for a living. It is quite a bit of work, as you well know. I never knew so much went into a system build. I have made a few booboos along the way but I have learned from them. If this goes well I might have to invest in a system for the wife’s Q7.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
So while I wait for my truck to get finished up at Ultimate Audio Fabrication I want to ask a question about DSP tuning. I am having them tune it however they tune it by ear. What are the chances that I need to go ahead and invest in a mic etc based on this? Anyone else have experiences like this where a shop tunes it by ear and it’s pretty much spot on?

81 - 89 of 89 Posts