·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to run the tweets off the ms8 to avoid adding a 3rd amp,

1.dayton rs180 midbass or seas ca18rnx
2.tang band w3 or tang band w4 mids or fountek fr88ex
3.vifa 25xt have already

doors are sealed and deadened mid bass will be mounted in doors(stock location) off axis, mids will be mounted off axis in kick panels and tweets are currently mounted in my vents 350z which are right below sail planes and forward about 3 inches.Door tweet is on axis and pass is off axis. Might relocate mids and highs to dash once winter is over. I'm not worried about t/a because the ms8 can take care that I just have to get the crossover right. I have 2 10w6v2 out back running off of an aq2200 and front on an aq4x90 which will be running mids and midbass, tweets on ms8. I would buy a dedicated 2 or 3way set but I hate wasting money on the crossovers. I listen to anything that sounds good. I had id cx62 before, the drums were excellent with a lot of punchy mid bass but I didn't care for the mid range. They used to fatigue my ears after awhile. My eyes are killing from searching so much so any help would be appreciated so I can place an order. Thank you

·
Registered
431 Posts
I plan to run the tweets off the ms8 to avoid adding a 3rd amp,

1.dayton rs180 midbass or seas ca18rnx
2.tang band w3 or tang band w4 mids or fountek fr88ex
3.vifa 25xt have already

doors are sealed and deadened mid bass will be mounted in doors(stock location) off axis, mids will be mounted off axis in kick panels and tweets are currently mounted in my vents 350z which are right below sail planes and forward about 3 inches.Door tweet is on axis and pass is off axis. Might relocate mids and highs to dash once winter is over. I'm not worried about t/a because the ms8 can take care that I just have to get the crossover right. I have 2 10w6v2 out back running off of an aq2200 and front on an aq4x90 which will be running mids and midbass, tweets on ms8. I would buy a
dedicated 2 or 3way set but I hate wasting money on the crossovers. I listen to anything that sounds good. I had id cx62 before, the drums were excellent with a lot of punchy mid bass but I didn't care for the mid range. They used to fatigue my ears after awhile. My eyes are killing from searching so much so any help would be appreciated so I can place an order. Thank you
I prefer tangband W3 or Fountek for midrange Bro

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually went with the w3, for half the price of a fake titanium driver with performance to match it was a better choice. Thanks for your input.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Hard to evaluate without also knowing what your intended crossover points are. Unless that's part of the question. :)

I, personally, prefer more of a dedicated midbass driver in the type of 3-way it appears you're building. You could probably manage to go with a higher excursion and/or larger diameter driver there. I don't imagine you'll be asking it to reproduce anything higher than 1kHz, probably even less, right?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I would be crossing it lower than 1k. I did the research of crossover points when putting the system together but don't remember off the top of my head. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the rs180 serve better as a dedicated midbass. I was looking at the exodus but it would involve too many modifications
in order to fit. This is my first 3way so I kept the cost rather low, I'm prepared to replace any drivers if need be down the road. I've tried several different 2way setups but it always seemed like too much was being asked of the midrange/midbass. In all the setups they shined in certain areas but was never complete. This is why I wanted to try my hand at using drivers that had more of a dedicated job.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
That's cool. The RS180 is a great driver to start out with. It's not really the high excursion type of motor that I would typically use for dedicated "midbass" duty, but it's no slouch, and its thermal power handling is quite good. The key benefit to that driver, IMO, is its wide FR, as it will play easily up to 2kHz (higher, depending on who you ask ;) ). Oh, and its price. :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input mark. What would you suggest keep in mind it would have be used ib. I've search and searched but installing ib kind of crossed a lot of preferable drivers off my list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts