DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I run 2 GTi 10s sealed or 3 Swr 8s ported
I have enough room to accommodate both setups but I'm lost as to which will sound better. I can power each 8 with around 700 watts. Or I can power each 10 with 1k watts. This system will be downfiring in a center console.

I already have the 10's, would need to buy the 8s. Help me out DIYMAers. I certainly need it
I did post this in the help me choose section but haven't gotten any feedback.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
The (2) 10's will hit lower octaves oppose to the (3) 8's.
Down Firing subs have the tendency to produce Bass Cancellation. There is the alternative rout, Side Firing output. Less reverberation, tighter response & time alignment is easier to achieve. BOL.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The (2) 10's will hit lower octaves oppose to the (3) 8's.
Down Firing subs have the tendency to produce Bass Cancellation. There is the alternative rout, Side Firing output. Less reverberation, tighter response & time alignment is easier to achieve. BOL.
I havent heard of the problems you listed with downfiring, I guess that'd be something to consider. Maybe others with downfiring center consoles will chime in. I can't do side firing because they'd be firing right at the driver or passenger and it'd leave the subs subjected to "accidents".

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I havent heard of the problems you listed with downfiring, I guess that'd be something to consider. Maybe others with downfiring center consoles will chime in. I can't do side firing because they'd be firing right at the driver or passenger and it'd leave the subs subjected to "accidents".
Customize Grills while fabricating the enclosure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts