DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a sundown audio-SAZ2500D amplifier..it says its monoblock..but it has 2 channels...

i also have 1 rockford fosgate t2d415 (4ohm dvc)
i have it wired with 8 guage speaker wire..from positive to positive on the sub and one positive to the amp...and same with negative (both of the positive and negative on the amp are wired to the same side of the subwoofer) it sounds horrible...yesterday 2 sony xplode 12s beat it....please help maybe a diagram or something to help me figure out the problem...also when i hit a bump or take a left turn it starts hitting very hard..then when i pull out of the left turn or hit another bump it goes back to normal...any help is appreciated. thank you

·
Registered
11,974 Posts
first, the SAZ2500D does not have 2 channels. it is a mono-block that has 2 sets of outputs. they are internally shorted together. if you put a 2ohm speaker on each set of terminals, you will have a 1 ohm load. make sure you are not overloading the amplifier.

second, if you have differences in how the system sounds simply by turning left or right, then clean up your install, there is no way all your connections are tight. you have something shorting out or making and breaking connections.

here is how to sire that correctly, make sure your wiring matches it.

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, Two 4 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speakers
you want the top drawing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first, the SAZ2500D does not have 2 channels. it is a mono-block that has 2 sets of outputs. they are internally shorted together. if you put a 2ohm speaker on each set of terminals, you will have a 1 ohm load. make sure you are not overloading the amplifier.

second, if you have differences in how the system sounds simply by turning left or right, then clean up your install, there is no way all your connections are tight. you have something shorting out or making and breaking connections.

here is how to sire that correctly, make sure your wiring matches it.

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, Two 4 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speakers
you want the top drawing.
its only 1 15 inch t2..not 2 of them

·
Registered
11,974 Posts
doesnt matter. as long as you connect both coils like the picture shows you can connect it to either set of outputs on the amplifier. they are both connected internally, so it doesnt matter.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doesnt matter. as long as you connect both coils like the picture shows you can connect it to either set of outputs on the amplifier. they are both connected internally, so it doesnt matter.
thank you very very much, you have made me learn a lot about my equiptment. i appreciate it greatly :) im going to find out where the short is tomorrow :) thank you!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dude, You spent three g's on that?
i have two rf t2d415s but i only have one in atm, because the box i have for both of them is too big for my trunk, im going to get a custom box built for them soon

2 15" t2s=1000
saz-2500-700
capacitor (not hookd up yet)-150
0 guage streetwire amp install kit-120
0 guage wire and battery terminals (for big 3, not hookd up yet)-20
7" touch screen dvd player-200
8 guage speaker wire-20
1" thick mdf fiberboard-100

not exactly 3k..yet lol but after i get everything that isnt installed, professionally installed...then yea ill have 3k+ in it :p

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^ Seriously....3K.....WOW! You didn't shop around much, did you?
actually im sorta obsessed with car audio..i bought when i first started getting into it..t2s have excellent sound quality, so im not complaining lol, plus it flexes windows hard...but im going to get like 4 fi btl 18s or something soon :)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
when i saw you paid 1000 dollars for a pair of rockford t2's i literally laughed out loud.

im sorry dude, but if you are obsessed with audio and you do not know how to wire a dual voice coil subwoofer to an amplifier (and the amplifier comes with an instruction book), then you need to do a bit more learnification.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
actually im sorta obsessed with car audio..i bought when i first started getting into it..t2s have excellent sound quality, so im not complaining lol, plus it flexes windows hard...but im going to get like 4 fi btl 18s or something soon :)
If you are having trouble fitting two 15's in your trunk. Wait til you try to get 4 18" subs. Stick with the two 15's

Sell the capacitor, it will do NOTHING for your set up get a second battery. Do as Minbari suggests and track down the loose wiring. Make sure the polarity of the terminals is correct and you are not accidently wiring one set of coils reverse.

Great amp. Nice subs but it does appear you impulse buy a bit. Shop around a little more. Ask questions and google products. Hell ask here. There are some guys on here who sell equipment. Prolly set you up with a deal or at the very least save you a bit of cash.

Appears you are into the spl side of car audio. I suggest adding to the other side of the bass spectrum. It will make your enjoyment of the massive amounts of bass you have even more enjoyable. Look up Ram-Audio or PWK designs for a custom sub enclosure design. You will be thrilled.

·
Registered
122 Posts
when i saw you paid 1000 dollars for a pair of rockford t2's i literally laughed out loud.

im sorry dude, but if you are obsessed with audio and you do not know how to wire a dual voice coil subwoofer to an amplifier (and the amplifier comes with an instruction book), then you need to do a bit more learnification.
No offense but being obsessed with something doesn't mean you're the best at it. I can find the 15" T2 for $800 so I wouldn't say he overpaid by that much... however I agree he should do more reading and learn a little more, of course I suggest that for everyone. Its usually the people that feel they know everything that need to do the reading the most.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
No offense but being obsessed with something doesn't mean you're the best at it. I can find the 15" T2 for $800 so I wouldn't say he overpaid by that much... however I agree he should do more reading and learn a little more, of course I suggest that for everyone. Its usually the people that feel they know everything that need to do the reading the most.
your reply suggests a single T2 for $800. Looks like he paid $500 each. A quick google search of online stores has them for as low as $400, with most in the 450 range. Now if he paid $1000 each, then yea, he way overpaid for them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it was like 960 for both (i rounded lol) but yes i paid too much..i agree..but i didnt know what i know now..they are good subwoofers and im obsessed with car audio and dont know as much as i should..thats y i am here...i taught myself EVERYTHING i know about car audio..when i first hooked up a subwoofer and amp it was the greatest sound iv ever heard in my life, it was like hearing my baby talk for the first time (if i had a kid). But i may have over payed..but these kids where i live think they have an amazing system when they really dont, i would like to show them how one sounds, p.s. proud to say i just beat 2 15" kicker comps in mcdonalds drive through :)

another question..is 8 guage speaker wire too big? its hard 2 put my bridge wire into the terminal of the subwoofer with the wire thats going to the amp...would i be better off getting 10 guage?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
never said i was the BEST, because i know im not..but for my second car audio system its not bad eh?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you are having trouble fitting two 15's in your trunk. Wait til you try to get 4 18" subs. Stick with the two 15's

Sell the capacitor, it will do NOTHING for your set up get a second battery. Do as Minbari suggests and track down the loose wiring. Make sure the polarity of the terminals is correct and you are not accidently wiring one set of coils reverse.

Great amp. Nice subs but it does appear you impulse buy a bit. Shop around a little more. Ask questions and google products. Hell ask here. There are some guys on here who sell equipment. Prolly set you up with a deal or at the very least save you a bit of cash.

Appears you are into the spl side of car audio. I suggest adding to the other side of the bass spectrum. It will make your enjoyment of the massive amounts of bass you have even more enjoyable. Look up Ram-Audio or PWK designs for a custom sub enclosure design. You will be thrilled.
thanks very much for the advice, and if i got the 4 18s i would be getting an suv :p and im always looking car car audio equipment so ill be looking on here, but how do i know if their stuff they are selling isnt blown or anything?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts