DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got this HU brand new and I love it but Im having difficulty setting up the active crossover. Im running a basic tweet, midrange and sub. When I set the HU to 3 way on the bottom of the unit I only get output from the front channels (1 and 2). The only way I get output from all 3 sets of outputs is in 4.2ch mode.
I can't set the cut offs for my drivers obviously since this isn't active my only range is from 20hz-200hz for hp and lp. Cant figure out how to change from 4.2ch(F/r/sub) to 2.2ch (3way) mode and get output from all 6ch's. Like I said there is only output from the front 2ch when I switch to 3way. I def want to be able to set the crossover points for all drivers. My front stage is running off a aq 4x90 and subs on a a q2200 Please help this is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Did you press the reset button after you changed it to 3way?

·
Registered
42 Posts
are u flipping the switch while there's power to the unit?

i always flipped the switch on mine when i had the harness unplugged.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I figured it out,I hooked my dimm up to the hu outputs and noticed the Rear L and R put out a lot less voltage than the front. I thought I had a bad hu but from further research when going to 3way the front and rear channels have to be swapped which would explain the lower v reading. In all my years of car audio and also reading about this unit I never came across this. Alpine didn't even include it in their manual but then again they did on the last page lol no where close to the audio settings. Thanks for the fast responses guys. By the way I love this hu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts