DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... so I may be in the wrong place considering SQ isn't my ONLY consideration here... but I'm sure somebody can help me. I'm getting very few suggestions everywhere I post... and there is NOTHING to listen to locally other than junk and seriously overpriced Focal and JL.

I am about to buy DLS Reference RM6.2 (RM 6.2) 6-1/2" 2-way Component System

I need a LOUD and REALLY good sounding front stage around or below 300 dollars. Great sounding and loud would be better, but loud and really good sounding is what I can live with, and probably the best I can do. I have 2 15"s and I'm loud, so I'm an outsider here probably, but you guys listen to a lot of component sets...

Amp wise I'm working with an Elemental Designs NINe.2, the DLS would see around 150 watts per side as I understand they present a 3 ohm load.

If I'm wasting my money, and there is a better solution, somebody PLEASE help me before I spend my hard earned clams. I am not a rich guy... this system has been over a year in the making... I'm trying to make sure I do it right!

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Take a look into the massive sets. They seem to be fairly priced, and I've read people say they can get pretty loud. I'm sorry I don't have any experience with them, but many reviews of people liking them.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I just installed a set of the dls's in my dodge and they sound amazing the mids will blend really well but the tweets are kind laid back. The passive that comes with them is very well built
Once you receive them look at the specs. Just the woofer itself is rated at 100 watts and the tweets are rated at 50.
I'm running about 200 to them cossed at 80 and they sound great and can get extremly loud all the while keeping their composure very well. \
I'm coming from a set of type r's in fully deadned doors that did not rattle. But now when i play anything bass heavy i have a few that i gotta find so........
BYE THEM!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just installed a set of the dls's in my dodge and they sound amazing the mids will blend really well but the tweets are kind laid back. The passive that comes with them is very well built
Once you receive them look at the specs. Just the woofer itself is rated at 100 watts and the tweets are rated at 50.
I'm running about 200 to them cossed at 80 and they sound great and can get extremly loud all the while keeping their composure very well. \
I'm coming from a set of type r's in fully deadned doors that did not rattle. But now when i play anything bass heavy i have a few that i gotta find so........
BYE THEM!
I'm about to pull the trigger on them... but I find it odd that nobody has ANY suggestions!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts