DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all long time lurker finally starting something

just bought a 2011 accord SE sedan

i need suggestion/help deciding audio system. first the HU . i finally made a decisided on Pioneer P3300bt double din. i am looking for dvd, Bluetooth, sd or usb slot and ipod hookup. this is the only unit i could find 300-400 range that would do everything i want and got good reviews i really like the 4300 but it has no bluetooth and to add it its another 150$. if you guys can suggest any thing else that has all these features please let me know.

now my biggest issue, i can't give up my trunk space so i don't want to install a sub or even amp. please don't hate me for that . so rest i want to swap out pillar tweeters, door speakers and rears for little better sound. i am all ears. for all this i am willing to spend up to 1000$. i know without the sub and amp the sound will be no where near as good but i really can't spend any more $$$ or give up any space. i will be doing the work myself. i will probably get either metra or the Scosche kit. i have black interior does anyone know if i need to get Dark gray or earth taupe . i am so confused.

So to summarize:
i am looking for HU that does dvd, Bluetooth, sd or usb slot and ipod hookup.
componets for pillar and door
not sure what i need for rears.

or you guys think i am just wasting money since i am not getting sub and amp.

i trying to gather up as much info and then pull the trigger. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
I don't feel that you are wasting your money. If you can't afford to give up any trunk space, then we have to respect that. What does your current hu have? Also how many speakers are in this car currently?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you located a dash kit for the Accord? Be prepared to purchase a few if you can't find the right one. Some dont have the right color and some don't fit quite right. I found that the Scosche kit fits well in my 4runner, but the color is off (fixed with Krylon flat black). The Metra dash kit has the right color, but has an odd fitting bezel that didn't look right and led me to look towards the Scosche.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't feel that you are wasting your money. If you can't afford to give up any trunk space, then we have to respect that. What does your current hu have? Also how many speakers are in this car currently?

sorry for late response .

6.5" in the front door and rear deck. 1" Tweeter in the sails.
i really can't give up any trunk space i use full trunk daily for work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kenwood DDX-418 has Bluetooth, color change display, DVD, iPod control and USB. The only problem is that the USB port is front mounted. But so does the Pioneer. I found it for $359 from Sonic Electronics, and you might be able to get it for cheaper on their eBay store.
how the kenwood unit comparable to pioneer 3300BT? they both are same price.

·
Registered
1999 Pontiac Firebird Formula
158 Posts
Well, I've had a ton of luck with kenwood. I had one of their basic basic head units in several of my cars-- going on 3 years now without an issue. I have a Kenwood 9104d monoblock pushing my girlfriend's 12w3v3's and it's never failed-- bought that about two years ago used.

I haven't had any pioneer stuff.

I think that you're more or less getting the same thing with these entry level double din units. Check how many volts the preouts have on the pioneer though-- I know the kenwood has 4v preouts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts