DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was organizing my garage and found two VIFA 6.5" woofers-M18WN-19-04 and two Vifa tweeters-D26-NC-05-06. I was going to put these in my wifes Rav4. Does anyone have experience with either of these drivers?

·
Registered
530 Posts
i used that mid driver in my brothers 01 chev ext. cab truck doors actually in 02.- time flies!the driver didnt perf. the way i expected to the midrange was ok-midbass was decent at low vol.i then purchased a pair of peerless csx autosound 6.5,s and was surprised with the diff. between them peerless was much better at all feq,s used and was 20 dol less, the peerless was much more eff. also. never used the tweeter though.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Those are decent components, and certainly usable. I found the tweeter to be about average for it's time, as well as the mid/bass. LIke Dodgerblue mentioned the midbass was OK, midrange was OK. Tweeter kinda harsh if driven too hard or low.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is 3000Hz a good crossover point? BTW: I am sure my wife will play this too load and it will distort. But the good news is she will not notice it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
3000 if fine for the mid but with decent power below 80 hz is a problem-use steeper slopes as far as the tweeter goes ive never used it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts