·
Banned
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please list any and every 12" sub you know that meets the following criteria:

Under $200 (this is flexible)

Under 6" mounting depth (not flexible)

Can handle 500-600 watts or more

I'm aware of the Dayton HO, Polk MM (a little light on the power handling), and SI BM MKiii. Anything else out there?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
memphis car audio MR series

·
Registered
97 Posts
Maybe you should be looking into a 10" sub. I was havign a hard time finding a 10" that was under 6" that would take some power...

Just a thought

BTW where in LA are you, I grew up in Lake Charles

·
Registered
12,054 Posts

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe you should be looking into a 10" sub. I was havign a hard time finding a 10" that was under 6" that would take some power...

Just a thought

BTW where in LA are you, I grew up in Lake Charles
I'm in BR. You still live in LA?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Jbl p1222 or p1224 they will take more than the rated 400w rms easily and squeak under the 6" mark

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
I am good friends with the cust service supervisor at memphis. plus they are listed for 500/1000 watts. :p

not like you are gonna max em out constantly anyway

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am good friends with the cust service supervisor at memphis. plus they are listed for 500/1000 watts. :p

not like you are gonna max em out constantly anyway
The website says 300 rms.

Max em out?! I would! :p

I'm looking for some subs that can handle the 1500 watts I have on tap. That's why I keep coming back to the Daytons.

·
Registered
840 Posts
What about the SA-10? I saw where SSA is having a Black Friday sale. Maybe they'll be part of that.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
The website says 300 rms.

Max em out?! I would! :p

I'm looking for some subs that can handle the 1500 watts I have on tap. That's why I keep coming back to the Daytons.
for the 10" you said you wanted 12". the 12" is 500/1000. they will certainly not do 1500 watts, lol. I doubt you will find any shallow mount sub that will handle 1500 watts for real. they just dont have the xmax to pull that off.

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
for the 10" you said you wanted 12". the 12" is 500/1000. they will certainly not do 1500 watts, lol. I doubt you will find any shallow mount sub that will handle 1500 watts for real. they just dont have the xmax to pull that off.
Well a Dayton has relatively low Xmax an still handles lots of power.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Well a Dayton has relatively low Xmax an still handles lots of power.
so they say :)

unless they have a wicked stiff suspension, in a sealed box, you will run out of xmax well before you run out of coil thermal power handling.

if you are gonna run a ported box, you prolly wont use shallow mount subs since a ported box requires more space in the first place. but xmax is less important with a ported box. (to some degree)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Why not reach a little more in terms of price and go for the alpine swr-t12?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts