DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Listener of Music
3,427 Posts
But what I'd highly suggest is finding someone who is known for or designing / building amazing enclosures, and at least paying for a design (specifically for your subwoofers and space available), and get a cut sheet from them
No. 😁

Download Winisd, take a stab at it yourself, post your results, we'll help you tweak or confirm your good design while telling why it's good or bad.

Then do the rest of what Chris says.

·
Registered
854 Posts
No. 😁

Download Winisd, take a stab at it yourself, post your results, we'll help you tweak or confirm your good design while telling why it's good or bad.

Then do the rest of what Chris says.
Okay well, I LOVE WinIsd :) ....at least when I can get a new subwoofer added to the data base. And it can work great too.... but with one wrong click, or mistake on a value, it can turn out a complete failure. Granted, one can always post one of the common, "check my work" threads :)

Hey, with this ^ said....
I've used WinIsd many times, as well as other box building programs, and most of those came out anywhere from pretty good, to great ! Most especially the enclosure I'm running right now. I freaking nailed it ;) None the less, for my next enclosure, I'm going to do as I suggested above, and have a local Guru (Bobby Gately) design my enclosure for me. It will probably be something fancy, and it will take into account my specific vehicle, and my cabin peak gain frequency.

And then to my specialty hardwood shop for the chopping :)

BTW, just wanted to mention, when guys were talking about MDF getting wet... I ALWAYS put a thick coat of enamel paint inside of the whole box (not really for moisture, but rather, to reduce any air flow right through the porous surface of the MDF), and you could always do that outside too, before carpeting. I went one farther, and put a sloppy thick coat of bedliner on the outside of mine... although I can't ever see it getting wet, unless I drive into a lake... at which point, I'll have much bigger problems ! :) lol

21 - 22 of 22 Posts