DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need suggestions on good premade pods or tweeter mounts for the escape apillar set up as well as good 5x7 to 6.5 speaker adapter suggestions. I found 5x7 - 6.5 Speaker Adapters but I do not know if pvc material is a good choice since I have never used an adapter in my previous installs.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Need suggestions on good premade pods or tweeter mounts for the escape apillar set up as well as good 5x7 to 6.5 speaker adapter suggestions. I found 5x7 - 6.5 Speaker Adapters but I do not know if pvc material is a good choice since I have never used an adapter in my previous installs.
I would make a MDF adapter for the speakers and save some money, sealing the wood is a good idea but not a must.
As for your tweeters I would use the surface mount adapters if you have them and dont want to have something made

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would make a MDF adapter for the speakers and save some money, sealing the wood is a good idea but not a must.
As for your tweeters I would use the surface mount adapters if you have them and dont want to have something made
Currently I have a dremmel, a drill, a basic tool box, an electronics kit and a hack saw. What would I need to budget for (I would want good tools but am not against used) to complete the job. Or do you have suggestions on somewhere to order them?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
lol, no. I didnt look closely enough at your post. you would need to get a 5x7 -> 6.5 adapter, which is gonna be tough since the 5" dimension wont fit. more than likely gonna have to make something custom, including altering the stock location.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, no. I didnt look closely enough at your post. you would need to get a 5x7 -> 6.5 adapter, which is gonna be tough since the 5" dimension wont fit. more than likely gonna have to make something custom, including altering the stock location.
I dont have a jig, but I do have a dremmel, would it be a bad idea to get these and trim down the bracket? (since it already has the circular cut for the speaker?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
if you are gonna modifiy em anyway, sure. if it doesnt work you are only out $8

dremel is your best friend, lol. I use mine for all kinds of stuff

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for checking out our ebay listing. We manufacture our speaker adapters from PVC, because here is what happens to MDF:

MDF soaks up moisture like a sponge.

You can see the exact PVC speaker adapters that you are considering, installed in several Ford vehicles here:

speaker-installation-photos.com/Ford

and several Mazda vehicles here:

speaker-installation-photos.com/Mazda

If you purchase those speaker adapters from our site car-speaker-adapters.com , we can offer you 50% off the purchase price of the speaker adapters, if you send us your installation photos, to post on our site.

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for checking out our ebay listing. We manufacture our speaker adapters from PVC, because here is what happens to MDF:

You can see the exact PVC speaker adapters that you are considering, installed in several Ford vehicles here:

If you purchase those speaker adapters from our site car-speaker-adapters.com , we can offer you 50% off the purchase price of the speaker adapters, if you send us your installation photos, to post on our site.

Its funny, I think I ordered two sets from you (I have not checked the ebay store name, but I ordered PVC Adapters for the escape (2009)

·
Registered
12,054 Posts

yup, that is why you have to seal MDF. sanding sealer works great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts